Is there a way to turn my round fat face slimmer? (Photo)

I am 24 years old with a round face. I'm wanting to slim it down to get a more appealing look. Was wondering if a chin implant and liposuction paired with buccal fat removal would do the trick. Also one side of fact seems higher, and it's noticeable when I smile. What could be the cause for that. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Slim Your Face!

Thank you for your questions! It does appear as thought you would benefit from buccal fat pad removal, an "incisionless" neck lift and possibly a chin implant and/or cheek enhancement depending on your specific goals.

Buccal fat pad removal will help to debulk the area around the corners of your mouth and can possibly enhance the appearance of your cheekbones. A necklift, or submentoplasty, is the best approach to tackle the area below your chin. Submental liposuction will help a little, but to get the optimum result you need to also work on the platysma bands and glands as well. 

If you are looking for a more "chiseled" look you may want to also add a chin implant. This should extend the longevity of your necklift as well as defining the jaw even more for a masculine effect. Chin implants are a great option because is they require no maintenance or replacing, and if for some reason you are unsatisfied with the way the chin implant looks in the end, it can be removed under local anesthesia! Cheek implants or fillers can also be used to enhance the angular appearance of the cheek bones. We will perform cheek implants if desired, however we typically dissuade patients from going that route as they have a high rate of infection. Dermal fillers are much safer and more predictable. They are also very easily reversed if the results are not as desired.

I hope this helps!

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Derounding

You are on the tight track for the only procedures that can help skin your face somewhat. Chin augmentation, neck liposuction (probably a submentoplasty is better), buccal lipectomies and perioral liposuction is the maximum approach for your facial derounding surgery. While you will probably never get your face as slim as you would like, these procedures offer the maximum result that is possible.

Facial sculpting options

Thank you for your question.  Regarding your concerns there are options to help give your face a "less rounded" appearance.  You can consider options such as dermal fillers to the upper face combined with buccal fat removal and a chin implant.  In combination these procedures would make your face appear less rounded.  

Is there a way to turn my round fat face slimmer?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and facelifts for over 30 years. Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles. From the photos, your chin has the proper front projection and does not require augmentation however: the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in the face and neck and the mandibular angles are weak.  

The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face. This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.