Would 1 syringe of juvederm correct my asymmetrical lips and add volume? (photos)

I want to add lots of volume to my lips and correct the asymmetry at the same time. Also getting other fillers for fat loss and sagging skin from weight loss.

Filler for lips

I would start with 1 syringe (1 ml) of Juvederm for your lips, which I think will improve your symmetry (exact symmetry may not be possible, as it is normal to have slight differences from right to left) and add a significant amount of volume to your lips.  You could always add more volume later if additional fullness is desired and doing so in a step-wise fashion (one syringe at a time) is more likely to give you the volume with which you're comfortable while maintaining a nice lip shape.  It's much easier to add more later than to remove a little if you find you're bigger than you hoped to be.

Juvederm

Based on your picture in my opinion 1 syringe should be okay. However after the 1 syringe and the swelling goes down you may find your self wanting more, it's always easier to add more and get the results you want. Please consult a professional in your area. 

Juvederm for lip augmentation

Thank you for your question. I often recommend my patients just start with one syringe for lip augmentation although individual need and goals vary. You can always add additional filler for more volume down the line. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

How Much is Enough?

The number of syringes needed ultimately depends on the ultimate goal that person wants with their lips.  I suggest small amounts over time even if you want bigger lips and use cannulas to limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm

It appears you will see noticeable improvement with one syringe.  There will be swelling associated with the treatment, but once it subsides if you find you still prefer more fullness, additional product can be added later.

Camille Cash, MD

Juvederm for lips and volume loss

Based off the photos, 1 syringe would appear to be adequate. Consult an experienced and expert physician injector to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Would 1 syringe of juvederm correct my asymmetrical lips and add volume?

Based off of the photos you provided, I do think that 1 syringe of Juvederm would be enough to correct asymmetry and add volume. If after 2 weeks you still think you could use more volume, you could consult with your provider to see about adding more product. 

Neil Sadick, MD

One syringe

Typically one syringe is all that is needed for lip asymmetry and volume augmentation.  I have had great success with lips like yours, as you have a beautiful natural shape to start with.  Just know that it can take 2-3 days for most of the puffiness to go down, and another week for final smooth results

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Would 1 syringe of juvederm correct my asymmetrical lips and add volume

I syringe of Juvederm should be plenty. Most experienced injectors will always start with one syringe and then reevaluate after a couple weeks to see if you feel that you need more. The lips tend to have a lot of swelling the first few days and up to two weeks, so be prepared for that. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

Thank you for your question and photos. 1 syringe of an FDA approved lip filler product such as Juvederm is an excellent way to start. I dont believe you will be needing more. Make sure to see a specialist with experience and to discuss exactly what you want prior to the injections. Good Luck!

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon