How do I get started with setting up my bbl and getting things paid for. How far out do I need to plan it?

I see all these doctors and I have been wanting this for years but I can't figure out what's next or how to put the plan in motion.

To get started I would suggest that set up a few consultation with Board Certified plastic surgeons who have lots of experience performing the BBL procedure. When you are comfortable with one then their office will review with you payment options as well as pre-op information. Good luck!

Get several in person consultations

The first step is to have several in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's who have experience with this procedure.

This will help explain the process.

Once you found a doctor you feel comfortable with he or she will explain payment options, scheduling, recovery etc.

I highly suggest staying local unless there is some significant lack of experienced doctors in your area which I doubt.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Depending on how busy the surgeon is determines how quickly you can schedule your consultation/surgery date. Some surgeons can fit you in within days/weeks and others can be booked out for months so I would start scheduling consultations now. I would recommend when looking for a surgeon to perform your BBL that you choose one who is board certified and specializes in Brazilian butt lifts, then schedule a consultation to meet with them in person and have a physical examination of your body done. You may also want to look on the ASPS website as this lists board certified plastic surgeons in your area. I would also look at the surgeon’s credentials, memberships, educational background, reviews and before and afters. Before and afters are a good indicator of their techniques and outcomes from BBL surgeries and reading reviews from other patients is a good way to see what their experience with the doctor was like. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon