Should the sports bra be tight or loose? 5 days post op? (Photo)

There seems to be no in between for me :( The one I was sent home in seems like it's not supportive enough, however, the others I've tried feel good at first, then TOO tight! Which is the worst, too restrictive or not enough support?! (My follow-up is Tuesday)

Sports bra

Some surgeons do not even use post-op bras. You should ask your surgeon what he prefers. Best of luck.

Light compression and support are good postoperatively, but if the bra is very tight that could be uncomfortable and impact blood supply to the healing breasts.  At this point, you are not wearing your support during heavy exercise, so the bra probably doesn't need to be that tight. 

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon