Sagging skin on my back and my lower stomach area. What procedures to make my body look better? (photos)

I'm a 44 yr old single mom with 3 children that had the gastric sleeve done by Dr. Mario Almonza in Mexico April 30, 2015. I'm 5'5" 199 lbs now and I need to know if having a tummy tuck, liop with muscle repair, BBL and arm lift will help with my body appearance and sagging back skin and hanging lower stomach? If not what do you recommend?

Sagging skin on abdomen and back

Thank you for your question.  From your photos, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and also a back lift (back lipectomy) would be beneficial to you.  This is also called a body lift.  These procedures would remove all the excess skin you have and tighten up these areas.  Make sure you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  They will be able to tell you the procedures that are best for you.  It is best to make sure your weight has been stable for at least 6 months before undergoing these types of procedures.  Best of luck you!

Troy Plastic Surgeon

Sagging skin on my back and my lower stomach area. What procedures to make my body look better?

Hi-

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is the most difficult part of the whole process and will lead to a healthy longer life. After your massive weight loss you would benefit from body contouring surgery which includes a circumferential body lift operation. I recommend my patients to be weight stable for six months prior to undergoing any body contouring procedure. Find a local board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you feel comfortable with to go over the best options for you. Good Luck!!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Full body contouring

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a full body examination and give you the best recommendations based off of their examination. Based on your photos and BMI, I think you would be a good candidate for a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty, lower body lift and BBL once your BMI is 30 or less. I would recommend losing some weight first to get your BMI down to at least 30. As long as you are in the BMI range of 30 or below it is best to maintain that weight for at least 3-6 months before having your surgery performed. When your BMI is higher than 30 you put yourself at a higher health risk and if your weight fluctuates too much after your surgery it can affect your results. So I would wait until you reach a healthy weight that you are satisfied with then have cosmetic surgery performed. I would also stage these procedures because it reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your impressive weight loss.  Patients that develop significant skin excess and laxity after weight loss can benefit from a myriad of operations designed at tailoring their tissues to leave them with a firmer, more tone appearance.  The most common procedures would include a lower body lift, tummy tuck, and breast lift.  Additional work such as an arm lift or inner thigh lift can also be pursued.  Because of the timing of these procedures most patients benefit from staging them into 2 or 3 different operations.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your options. Hope this helps.

Massive weight loss leaves loose skin

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Now you have to clean up all that loose skin!  Do your research and find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs massive weight loss surgery to devise a plan to meet your needs.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon