I have a vascular birthmark on belly button. Where will it be there after a tummy tuck surgery? (photos)

Here is a picture of my belly button. What are your opinions on where it will end up after my tummy tuck? Part of it goes into my belly button. Thanks!

Birthmark

Your birthmark does not appear to be within your belly button but rather next to it.  It is difficult to say whether it will remain following a tummy tuck but if it does it will likely be very low on your abdomen.  An examination by a plastic surgeon can give you some idea of the final position although it may not be possible to predict with certainty until the procedure is performed.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I have a vascular birthmark on belly button. Where will it be there after a tummy tuck surgery?

Posted photo to restricted to be sure complete excision the the hemangioma would be successfully done. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions... 

Vascular birthmark on belly button. where will it be after a tummy tuck?

about 90% of the birthmark would be excised with a TT.the rest could be delt with later either with more excision or laser.

William Lambeth, MD (retired)
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Belly button birth mark

The skin directly below the belly button is removed during a tummy tuck and the skin above the belly button is pulled down.  As a result, it is likely that most of the birth mark will be removed.  Hope this helps.

Birthmark around belly button

Thank you so much for your question about your tummy tuck.

• The part of the birthmark that is actually in the navel will remain.
  • The part outside - that is, most of it - will either be removed completely or will be moved far down on your tummy to the lower abdomen.
  • If you don't like the birthmark and it remains, laser treatment is very effective - and can be done 6 months or more after your surgery but be sure to ask your surgeon before having this done.
Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Board Certification in Cosmetic Surgery has no meaning and is purchased on-line.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!