Why do I now only have pain/tightness at the bottom and lower sides of my breasts?

Its the late evening of day 6 post op. I went from 34 a to 445 silicone implants under the muscle & tissue. Yesterday the pain & tightness got much better! EXCEPT I still have intense pain & tightness just under and on the lower sides of my breast. Why is this and what can I do to lessen the pain?? Also what can I do to keep my breast from being so tights again in the morning?

Why do I now only have pain/tightness at the bottom and lower sides of my breasts

Greetings 

Thank you for your question. Post operative  swelling and pain is normal. It will improve with time but it can take your soft tissues weeks or months to completely heal after surgery.

If you have specific questions you should contact your surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

6 days post op

Thank you for your question. At 6 days post op you are quite early in recovery still.  It is not uncommon for swelling/pain to increase slightly at night and in the morning. As well, the crease under the breast can be a source of pain and tension for a few weeks or more post op because of deep sutures placed in this area which will take time to soften and dissolve.

Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about any concerns.

All the best

Soreness after surgery

Pain the day after surgery is expected.  If the pain is not improving with pain meds or there are other findings, immediately notify your surgeon.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Post op pain

Post operative pain and swelling is normal after breast implants. It will improve with time but it can take your soft tissues weeks or months to completely heal after surgery. If you have specific questions you should contact your surgeon.

Pain after breast augmentation

Some pain is normal after a breast augmentation. To determine your level of pain and whether it is a problem requires an exam in person.

It's still early

At six days out from surgery, it's not uncommon to still have some discomfort such as what you are describing.  Give it some more time - this should get better.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician

Patience

For now, be patient. You are healing and it's quite common for the pain to ebb and flow. Speak with your surgeon about his or her post op protocol for pain. It may take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Muscle spasm

In the first few days after under the muscle breast augmentation, it is normal to have intermittent muscle spasm and pain.  Provided you are otherwise healing well, this is the likely cause of your pain.  Good luck!