Can I get orthognathic surgery after having braces? (Photo)

I am planning on having surgery to fix an open bite. I haven't had braces yet but I wanted to have them on asap. I am not sure if I will be able to afford the surgery as of now and I am wondering if I can get the braces now and align my teeth then have surgery at a later time (years later) when money isn't so tight. Is this an option or is it advisable to do this all at once? I am rushing a bit for straight teeth because I want them to look nice for my wedding in 2-3 years!

Avoid Surgery with Physiological Approach.

The open bite is probably due to abnormal oral function.  Consult with an oral Myofunctional Therapist first, you may correct all problems without braces.  Get evaluated for a tethered tongue (ankylotic tongue).

Even if you do braces and surgery you can rela[pse from abnormal tongue function.