How long should I wait before talking to my doctor about why my nipples are inverted after gynecomastia surgery? (photo)

I am coming up on two months post surgery. (My doctor decided to do a incision of my whole nipple because I had huge nipples before surgery). I have noticed recently that my nipple seems to invert (the thing in the the middle of the nipple, I am not sure what it is called seems to dissapear.) It seems to come back when I massage my nipple. Then it looks normal. Is this a problem that will go away? Should I talk to my doctor or should I wait until my next appointment?

Nipple Position from Excision

The excision technique is used on cases of gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. 

There is a good chance that with the healing process still in progress your nipple position is still settling into its final place. Maturation of incisions and scars can take some time, but if you find yourself worried at all it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.