I have been shot in my butt. I want fat taken from my stomach and put in my butt. I'm 52 years old. What will work best for me?

BBL for rebuilding the Butt

Hello, I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  

Every case of reconstruction is slightly different.  Minimally, I would need to see photos.

If you have any further questions/comments/concerns please reach out.  Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely, 

Matthew J. Nykiel MD
Real Self Top Doctor
Real Self Core Doctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Having had a gun shot the buttock may prove a bit challenging if the skin has scarred badly as well as the underlying fat. If the skin is contracted this may need correction first and then when evened out, fat transfer can be performed from your abdomen. To make this determination it would be recommended that you go and see a well qualified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Hope this helps,

Dr K Dolynchuk

Ken Dolynchuk, MD
Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

This may be reasonable to perform although every case will be different following trauma.  You need to be seen in person to evaluate fat stores and the traumatic defect of the bullet path.

BBL post gunshot injury

Thank you for your question. A BBL is a great technique to improve your buttocks after your injury. The main issue is how much scar tissue you have in the area. Since the transferred fat needs blood supply to survive, if there is a lot of scar tissue in the area, this may affect fat survival. But fat is still the best filler. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Moises Salama, MD

I would recommend an in person consultation to evaluate how much fat is available for the fat transfer procedure.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon