I want lipo; I'm a mail carrier, how long should I stay off work?

Time off for lipo

Usually lipo requires very little time off as there are no structural things that you can undo with activity. There are several exceptions to this, however. These include combination with other procedures, liposuction is accompanied by fat grafting that can create visible swelling, the amount of liposuction you have, whether it is convenient for you to work with compression garments often used after liposuction, if you have developed some bruising or swelling that may make it uncomfortable. In general with modern liposuction, people can go back to work anywhere from the next day to within a week, but again this can vary in some cases. As always, consult with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to help make your decision.

How long to be off of work as a mail carrier after liposuction?

People can often return to work within a week after liposuction but your job is more physically demanding and you would probably want to give yourself about 10days to two weeks.  Good luck

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and work

this answer depends on the number of areas and the amount of fat removed. some of the recovery depends on your pain tolerance and the amount of walking you do and lifting you do. you could go back as early as 4 days, tho you might get tired in the afternoon and want to lay down for rest. 

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction and Returning to Work as a Mail Carrier

A number of factors impact when a patient may return to work.  The more extensive the liposuction with more areas involved, the slower the recovery.  Each patient has their own perception of pain so that impacts when the patient can return to work.  All this being said, most liposuction patients can return back to work within a week from the date of their surgery.  Many patients will have liposuction on Thursday and be back to work on Monday.The best way to start is with a consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who based on your examination, your goals, and your job description be able to give you a better estimate for return to work times.  All the best to you.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Recovery Time

Ultimately, recovery time will vary from patient to patient and procedure to procedure. Patients with higher pain tolerances will typically return to work sooner than those with a lower threshold. Additionally, the more extensive the procedure the longer the anticipated recovery.Typically I tell patients to expect a 4-6 week recovery period after which they will be free to return to all activity. Strenuous exercise is generally restricted for 6 weeks. Patients return to light exercise at 4 weeks. Most patients have returned to most activities of daily life by 7-10 days (sooner with more limited procedures).Patients should still expect changes such as resolving swelling for the better part of 3-6 months. They are encouraged to maintain a compression garment to aid in the resolution of these changes.As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

I want lipo; I'm a mail carrier, how long should I stay off work

Liposuction generally does not have a lot of "downtime" involved. Lets say that you had your surgery on a Thursday. I would see no problem with your returning to work that following Monday. You will likely be lacking in energy and feel slightly more sluggish due to your body still recovering, but you will not hurt anything. keep in mind that although we want you up and moving the day of surgery, you will have swelling for the next 3-6 months that will come and go depending on your level of activity. You will need to wear a compression garment to help with that. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and mail carrier

Thank you for your question. It depending on how many areas and how much lipo you underwent. Without seeing pictures hard to comment. In general about a week is enough to get back to routine work. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Recovery from liposuction

II personally had liposuction. My surgery was on a Thursday and I went back to work on Monday. With your job, I would suggest 2 weeks, since you are on your feet all day. Be sure and see a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in body contouring.