I don't know what I should have done: I'm 4'11 n I weigh 170 pound. (photos)

I would like done from lipo stomach n back n I'm thinkn mayb a tummy tuck and I'm thinkn maybe add some hips n butt

I don't know what I should have done: I'm 4'11 n I weigh 170 pound.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and question.  I would recommend you follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results. Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results. Some patients find that using a trainer and nutritionalist in their weight loss journey helps them immensely.  Best wishes. 

What Should I Have Done?

To get you the best shape utimately, preoperative weight loss would be the safest course of action in your case.  I recommend talking with your doctor about weight loss measures, including guided diet/exercise or bariatric surgery.  Doing any procedure on you at the moment carries a high risk of complications, and results that wouldn't be that spectacular.

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Best Operation for me?

Thank you for the question.  I think that you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery at some point. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively. As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you. When the time is right, seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. Best wishes.

Liposuction for weight loss

Thank you for your question about liposuction.

I am truly sorry you are struggling with your weight.
At the moment, liposuction and a tummy tuck won't help you much.
I suggest you ask your regular doctor to refer you for help with weight loss and possibly bariatric surgery.
Once your weight is down, you can get great results from surgery.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Unfortunately, it appears that a significant amount of your weight is behind the muscles in your abdomen. I don't think liposuction would help at all. I think I would work on weight loss first. There are places that can give you some professional help. After that I will bet you are a great candidate for the Abdominoplasty and some hip liposuction. You would end up with a great shape!Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss

Thank you for your question and photos.  Before you undergo any cosmetic procedure, you need to reach what is determined to be your goal weight.  Liposuction is not a weight loss tool and will not help in correcting visceral fat.  Please follow a strict diet and exercise plan to help you achieve your goal.   Then, liposuction and a tummy tuck are likely going to be required.