Tell me about Coolsculpting or whats available for my arms? I'm very thin and work out and have the floppy arms.

Doctor Answers 9


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The best way to assess and give true advice would an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting for arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Coolsculpting works extremely well on the arms with no down time.  Depending on the amount of skin laxity, I often combine coolsculpting with Thermage to give the best results. First we treat the arms with coolsculping. A week later we bring the patient back for Thermage. This combined approach works best when addressing both the fat and skin laxity.  Please consult an experienced dermatologist for this procedure.

Coolsculpting for thin floppy arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can describe both surgical and non-surgical options.  The description of 'floppy arms' suggests you have a moderate to high degree of skin laxity.  An arm lift procedure would give you the best outcome for this.  It can be combined with liposuction to help you achieve the arm contour that you are looking for.

Options for thin, floppy arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear shelly neudecker:

CoolSculpting (CS) is tried and true in fat reduction. CS does not advertise skin tightening but in certain areas of the body such as the back and flanks, CS does stimulate enough inflammation to shrink the skin around the loss of fat rather than loosen or hang.

I have yet to be convinced of any current or past technology that claims skin tightening. Occasionally you will see some immediate constriction but lack of permanent collagen stimulated production will last less than 3 months. 

Consider a arm tuck with the scar in the armpit or a traditional arm lift (brachioplasty). Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for this procedure.

I wish you success in your desires!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 103 reviews

Hi Definition Arm Sculpting -- VASER

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Even if you are thin, you can get a hi definition procedure to etch and define the muscles and give a better shape with skin tightening even if you do not have a lot of fat.  I would find a physician with experience in this type of dimentional contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
  • Hello, and thank you for your question. As a general rule cool sculpting is not recommended for skin tightening although there have been several reports that is documented some improvement. It is mostly used for fat reduction. We have tried several noninvasive tightening devices with mixed results. I would recommend that you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your treatment options with you at length. Best of luck.

John J. O`Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

Coolsculpting is at best only fair at improving arm fat

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would look into Thermi RF for this or someone that does laser lipo. These are better technologies for this area in my opinion.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

CoolSculpting For Arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Shelly. CoolSculpting can be beneficial for the arms in selected candidates using a special applicator. If your issue is due to fat and not loose skin, then it may be appropriate for you. Without seeing your pictures it's impossible to tell if you are a candidate for the treatment. The best thing to do is to get an in-person consultation and evaluation with an experienced physician in your area who will have multiple different ways to treat flabby arms. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. It has been FDA cleared to treat abdomen and flanks but some patients have had success with treatments on their arms. You would benefit from an in person consultation.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.