Is it common to have loose skin and more pronounced dimpling after liposuction of the inner and outer thighs?

I am 39 yo and am not overweight and never have been. I just simply cannot lose fat particularly on my outer thighs no matter my body fat level.

Smoothing Irregularities with Coolsculpting/Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, Venus Legacy, VASER, ThermiRF, ultrasound

I'm not sure when you had your procedure and this is difficult to answer without pictures. There are options for skin tightening after liposuction. I recommend coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. However, it may be that you are a candidate for a revision. VASER liposuction in combination with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting would give great results for skin tightening, fat removal and contour. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Predicting liposuction results

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You would need an examination to know how your skin is likely to respond to liposuction. 
  • The outer thigh skin usually does not get loose. Dimpling can occur but isn't common.
  • The inner thighs can loosen and sag, if too much fat is removed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Anytime liposuction is performed there is a risk of loose skin after you have healed.  Certain areas on your body, the skin does retract better than others.  Follow up with your surgeon to further discuss your concerns.

Loose Skin

Usually skin tightens  up quite reasonable after liposuction but everyone is different.  It is possible to have loose skin medially and less common laterally.   Go check  with a surgeon in a hands on consultation. A hands on examination is important for this.    My Best,  Dr Commons