Breast changes and concerns 3 weeks post op. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had 445 cc silicone placed under the muscle, went from 34A to 34D. I'm only 3 weeks postop & noticed my left breast has recently flattened out at the top and seems a tad smaller to me, should I be concerned... It does not have the high triangle look anymore. Its also a bit softer, seems a bit smaller & makes a squishy/sucking sound when I massage. My right breast is still high & tight. Is all this normal. Should I be concerned about these symptoms or the difference in my breast at this point?

Breast changes and concerns 3 weeks post op. Is this normal?

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

3 weeks out and implants look different

No worries here with that story as it is very common that both press will heal and drop into their pockets at different rates. Until at least three months has passed I wouldn't be concerned if you're my patient in the small differences that you are experiencing. Stay in touch with your chosen plastic surgeon throughout your recovery.. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Implants moving with time

Your implants are supposed to fall and soften with time and it is not unusual for one to soften more quickly than the other.  Continue your massage and see your plastic surgeon for follow-up and advice.  Best of luck.

Concern over differences in breasts at 3 weeks

IT is normal for the implants to drop/soften differently. That being said if you have concerns make an appointment to see your surgeon. They will be able to examine you and make sure things are progressing "normally."

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

ONLY 3 weeks postop! Best to allow 3 months healing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3 weeks post op

At 3 weeks post op you are still very early in recovery. The breasts do not always settle and soften at the same rate. You can expect your breasts to drop and fluff between 2-6 months post op. In the meantime, I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon about any concerning changes.

All the best

Normal

It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle and it is extremely common for each breast to do so at a different rate. So, you can expect things to look, feel and maybe even sound different on a daily basis as your body heals. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers from your surgery and your implants drop into their final position. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Normal?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Without pictures of you pre-op, it is difficult to assess the results of your surgery.  It is not uncommon for the breasts to heal at different rates.  Given that you are only three weeks post-op, you are in what I consider to be the beginning stages of the healing process.  I tell my patients to wait at least three months as their breasts need to heal, drop into place, and reduce in swelling.  Be sure to closely follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

3 weeks post op

Thank you for the question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel pain, itchiness, and slight abnormalities during this period. For some patients, it is also common for breasts to heal at different rates. It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment if you have any concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

It is hard to give you advice with just seeing a photo and your description. It is normal after a breast augmentation for the implants to be high and tight in the beginning and then to drop and soften out over time. This amount of time varies from patient to patient and can happen on one side quicker than the other. It is best to see your PS to check and make sure that everything is okay.