Should I get a breast augmentation? Do I have tubular breasts? (Photo)

When I was 13 I was very over weight and decided to lose weight pretty fast and was very thin at 15 and lost my period for two years when I was 5'8 and 100 lbs.. I have loose skin and my boobs were never large when I was over weight. I'm 22 now and a little over weight at 165 lbs and am not confident with the way they look. If I got surgery I'd consider losing weight before hand as well. I also plan on getting an arm lift as well, but I'll leave that to a separate question.

Tuberous breasts

Hi,
you are right, you have tuberous breasts.
a submuscular breast augmentation with " scoring " of the infra-mammary fold ( the high fold below your breast ) will " round up " your breast. I cannot see very well on your pics, but you may get away without doing a donut lift, since your areolas appear almost normal sizes for your frame.
good luck with the weight control, and whenever you are ready, make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast surgery.
Florence Mussat

Breast Augmentation and Tuberous Breasts

Although it is not possible to answer your question definitively without an examination, it does appear that you probably have some, if not all, of the characteristics of tuberous breasts.  Generally, women with similarly shaped breasts can achieve a nice improvement with augmentation and special attention to achieving increased fullness of the lower portion of the breast and possibly reduction of the size of the areola if necessary.  Your best option is to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals and concerns.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a breast augmentation? Do I have tubular breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Yes, I think your breasts do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts. There are lots of variations of tuberous breasts.
Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).
Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper breast implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.
In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery. Exactly what operation would help you will depend on a full communication of your goals. Based on your question and pictures provided, a breast augmentation as well as an areolar skin/tissue reduction will serve to significantly improve the shape/contour of your breasts.
You may find the attached link helpful.

Breast augmentation

You do have a constricted base deformity and tubular breasts .  This can be addressed with breast augmentation.

Tuberous breast

Yes, your breasts appear "tuberous".  Implants with a special technique (internally scoring the bottom half of you breath tissues) can help.  See an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Aras Tijunelis, MD
Libertyville Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Based on your photos, you appear to have some degree of tuberous breasts. However, exactly what you need would be determined during an examination. I do think breast augmentation would look very nice on you. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

H. It appears from your photos that you do have tuberous breasts. The hallmarks of this condition are a constricted breast width/base/fold, large herniated areola, wide breast separation. You seem to meet all of those criteria. It will entail correcting the deformity by making special incisions inside your breasts to release the conical shape. In addition , you will require the use of implants. The tuberous breast patient needs to be advised that it may take a staged approach to correcting the deformity. Good luck, Dr. PG