Am I a candidate for a successful full tummy tuck or should I get a panniculectomy? How soon can I have the procedure (Photo)

I am a 33y F. Ive had 2 c-sections(one in 2007 and 2015). I also had the lap band in 2009. I desperately want to have some type of surgery to correct my mid section asap. Since my lap band I've lost 110lbs and it seems as though I can't lose any more. I only have 4lbs leftover from giving birth last month. I eat healthy and I already do a lot of cardio. Which surgery is right for me? And how soon can I have it done?

Body contouring after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Since you just gave birth last month, you will still have some swelling of the abdomen and you want to delay your surgery until that swelling is gone.  I would recommend waiting until you are at least 3-4 months post pregnancy (and if you are still losing weight, then I would give it until your weight plateaus).  From your photos it appears that you have a significant amount amount of loose skin on your flanks and extending to your back.  A circumferential body lift may be a better procedure for you as this will address the excess skin and fat of your abdomen, flanks, and back.  An abdominoplasty will address the excess skin of your abdomen and this could be combined with liposuction of your flanks to help contour your waist.  The abdominoplasty liposuction combination won't address any loose skin on the flanks or back.  I would recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in post bariatric body contouring to discuss your options.  During your consultation and examination you can discuss what areas bother you and the appropriate treatment options.  Good luck on your consultation and body contouring procedure.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck with muscle repair candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck

From what I see in the picture, we recommend you a full tummy tuck, with plication of the rectus abdominis muscle and fat resection of abdominal dermo flap. Also include liposuction of the flanks to give better shape.

have a blessed rest of the day.

Jose Oscar Mora, MD

Tummy tuck

Since you have only given birth less than 2 months I would recommend waiting prior to proceeding with surgery.  I generally recommend waiting at least 4-6 months after giving birth before proceeding with a tummy tuck. You would be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction to the flanks or a circumferential abdominoplasty, which would treat the trunk as an entire aesthetic unit with the added benefit of a butt and lateral thigh lift.
Congratulations on your new addition and good luck with your surgery. 

Tummy Tuck versus panniculectomy

Thank you for your question.  First of all you need to wait several months before you have any body contouring surgery since you just delivered.  Once you've done that I believe you would be a candidate for a full abdominoplasty or a lower body lift, which is a resection of skin and fat circumferentially.  After this heals I would recommend liposuction.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Abdomen

if you are done having children, then i would do a stage 1 TT with muscle repair, followed in 3- 6 months with lipo of the abdomen and your back area to slim the torso region. these two surgeries will give you the best result long term. if you can only do one surgery, then do the full TT with limited lipo and aggressive lipo on the back.if you are stable in your weight, then you can proceed ahead.

Tummy tuck

I appreciate your question.
Your best results would be a full tummy tuck.
If you are close to your goal weight, then anytime should be fine

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Body contouring after pregnancy and weight loss

From the photos I would recommend a full abdominoplasty . If on exam, there is a significant amount of skin excess both vertically and horizontally, I may then consider a T shaped scar. I would wait until your weight loss is stable and at least 6 months after childbirth. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Am I a candidate for a successful full tummy tuck or should I get a panniculectomy? How soon can I have the procedure

I recommend in hospital operating room full tummy tuck with 2 night stay. seek in person opinions.......

Abdominoplasty post partum and weight loss

Thank you for posting your questions and photos. Congratulations on your baby and weight loss! In regards to when is ideal to have your surgery: I would wait at least 12 months after weight loss surgery and make sure your weight is stable for at least 6 months before having a consultation for plastic surgery. In regards to your C-section, I would wait at least 6 months post delivery.

Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for both a full abdominoplasty and liposuction of the waist and flanks. You may even want to consider and discuss the options of an extended abdominoplasty or even a circumferential body lift with your plastic surgeon to determine which is going to yield the best result.

Please keep in mind that with any of these surgeries, you will need at least 2 weeks of recovery so plan ahead to ensure you have help with your newborn.

I wish you the best of luck! 

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon