5'4' 215 do I need to lose more weight for a fat transfer from my stomach and back to my butt? (photos)

I don't want to be really thin just curvy and shapely but not overly done very natural looking...

BBL weight

I commend you for researching and asking this question before your consultation. 

With a weight of 215 and a height of 5'4" your BMI is calculated as 36.90. The national average recommended BMI for undergoing an office based elective procedure is 30.  This is the weight balance for your body that you see less postoperative and intraoperative complications such as blood clots, pulmonary embolus, incisional wound breakdown, etc.  You will have to have to change your diet and work toward a goal weight of approximately 175 pounds. I would recommend watching some great documentaries on choosing the right foods, such as "food choices", "food matters", "forks over knives" on Netflix.

I wish you well on your body transformation journey,  

James McAdoo DO FACOS, 

AOA board-certified plastic/reconstructive surgeon, AOA board-certified general surgeon, BBL specialist.

Do you need to lose more weight?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

The Recommended BMI is under 30 for health and safety reason. 

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. 

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question. Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery. For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30. In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Ideal Weight

You will need to lose more weight before undergoing a BBL in order to decrease your risk for blood clots. Currently your BMI is 36.9, you will need to be under 35.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BMI for BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences but most will agree that having a BMI above 30 isn’t optimal for elective cosmetic surgery. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 37 which is considered obese which isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery and it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing so it would be best for you to try and get your BMI down to around 30 or lower. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. Once you are at your goal weight, I do feel that you may benefit from a Brazilian butt lift to achieve your cosmetic goals. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

5'4' 215 do I need to lose more weight for a fat transfer from my stomach and back to my butt?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to lose weight to get better post surgical results. Besides that you need a tummy tuck with muscle repair to get rid of extra skin and also, have the bbl will be the best for you. You will get good results.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Losing weight prior to surgery would likely improve the result and reduce the chance of complications.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.