Was told the placement of scar could only be low if the doctor pull only the skin below my belly button. Any suggestion? (photo)

I'm 5'1 and 103 lbs. Can i still get good results with only pulling the skin around the middle of belly button? Will that tighten the top a bit too?

Tummy Tuck

Based on your photo it appears that a full tummy tuck would be the most appropriate procedure for you.  You appear to be a good candidate for the procedure and would likely see significant improvement.  I suspect you are concerned about the scarring but it usually is possible to place the incision low so that it is hidden by a bikini and to make the belly button incision relatively inconspicuous.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty vs. Mini Abdomioplasy

My guess is that You would not be happy unless you had the full abdominoplasty.  You have a lot of loose tissue above your belly button.  If you are going through this procedure, you want the best result possible.  You have such a nice profile, I hope you have good luck with your surgery in the future.

Was told the placement of scar could only be low if the doctor pull only the skin below my belly button. Any suggestion?

With the loose skin around your belly button, anything less than a full tummy tuck will be less than satisfying.
You would also be able to get good muscle tightening with this procedure. Good luck!

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you provided it appears that you would be much better suited for a full abdominoplasty.  You have some excess skin above your belly button which would not be significantly improved with a mini tummy tuck, Good luck!

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck is Recommended

Based on your photo, I don't think you'd be happy at all with a mini tummy tuck (tightening skin below the belly button only). Not only would the upper abdominal skin still be loose, but you wouldn't even be able to obtain the degree of tightening you'd want below the belly button. A full tummy tuck would leave your entire abdomen tight and flat. Although it's not possible to determine without examining you in person, I suspect that you could have a full tummy tuck and still keep the scar fairly low.

Good luck!

Andres Taleisnik, MD

Skin below belly button

From your photo you need a complete Tummy tuck. This will tighten the skin as well above the belly button and below. It would also tighten the abdominal muscles to give you a flat stomache.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

The only way to address the loose skin above the belly button is with a standard (full tummy tuck) abdominoplasty. The only way to give you an honest advise is after a consultation. Looking at your picture, it looks like you can have your scar low, and be able to cover it with your underwear, however in some patients, the upper abdominal skin, may not stretch enough, and the opening from the belly button, may have to be close as a small vertical scar, less than one inch.
this is preferably to a high scar or just a mini abdominoplasty without addressing the upper skin laxity.
be sure to seek the help of a plastic surgeon member of the ASAPS 

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin

hello, 

thanks for the pictures. 

yes the only procedure as a plastic surgeon that i can offer is a complete tummy tuck, don't think only on the saggy skin but on the separation of the abdominal wall, tightening the muscles its going to help you look nicer. 

Eduardo Mejia, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos you seem to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. A full tummy tuck is the only thing that will address the skin above your belly button. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

It looks as though you would be a good candidate for a full or intermediate tummy tuck.  With a full tummy tuck the surgeon will be removing all of the skin under the belly button, the skin from the top of your abdomen will then be used to resurface your lower abdomen.  That will give the top of your abdomen a more flat appearance.  You look like a good candidate for the procedure and should have a great result.  It is always best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon