I had boob implant now more then 2 years ago, but my nipples still stick out .. Why is that ? Thank Lin

Nipples After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry. After a breast augmentation surgery some patients do experience their nipples sticking out more so then prior to surgery. This is quite normal and is in no way cause for concern. If you have issues with your nipples and do not like them or the way they are sticking out you should consult with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss further. Best of luck to you. 

Nipple sticking out

Hello and thank you for your question. Typically when a breast augmentation is performed and the volume of the breast increases this does cause the nipples to stick out. That is due to the implant pushing the nipple out. Also, the areola tends to widen because the skin of the breast stretches with the increased volume. If you feel as though your nipple are sticking out to a degree with which you are not happy then you can have a nipple reduction surgery. This can be done quickly and under local anesthesia. You should discuss these concerns with you plastic surgeon. Hopefully you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon! I hope this helps!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon