Do you recommend lipo on my sides for a curvier shape when I have my tummy tuck? (Photo)

Liposuction of flanks and/or hips with an Abdominoplasty

Liposuction of the flanks and/or hips in conjunction with an abdominoplasty procedure, is frequently performed to help achieve a flattering hourglass shape and to target other contouring issues. From your photo, it appears that you may be an excellent candidate for liposuction of these adjacent areas. Thank you for your question. 

TT and Lipo

Hello, thanks for your question. In my case I always recommend liposuction combined with abdominoplasty, that because the aesthetic results obtained are superior and therefore have a greater satisfaction of the patient and her doctor.
As I saw in the photos at your navel there is a protrusion loss umbilical folds and defining the umblical circumference, all these data are consistent with umbilical hernia and it is important to repair the same intervention to achieve good results in the aspect of the navel.
In your specific case you are an excellent candidate and surgical results will be very good.

Sincerely yours

Dr. Eugenio Lapaix

Eugenio Lapaix Vargas, MD

Do you recommend lipo on my sides for a curvier shape when I have my tummy tuck?

IN almost all cases, a little liposuciton on the sides is a good idea during a tummy tuck. Looks like you have lose skin on the sides also so a longer incision may give a better result. 

See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Liposuction of selective areas of the flanks, hips, waist and back is often performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck to improve the overall results. Natural appearing results need to be individualized depending on personal anatomy and desired outcome.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MDFACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with Tummy Tuck

Liposuction of the sides along with the Tummy Tuck will give you a more shapely body. It is also quite safe when done well. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and TT

Thanks for posting your picture and for your inquiry, I would suggest tummy tuck plus lipo in your waist, flanks, back so you can get an hourglass figure and your results will be more dramatic. Please have a virtual (Skype) or an in person consultation so you can discuss thoroughly your concerns and expectations, good luck in your PS Journey!

Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I believe the torso needs to be looked at in three dimensions and be evaluated all the way around. As a result I like to add liposuction to the flanks and back an even bra roll. This allows for  a 360 degree improvement.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with tummy tuck surgery; based on the photograph, you appear to be an excellent candidate and should have a very nice outcome. I would not be surprised if you have an umbilical hernia present as well.

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery can be utilized as a tool during tummy tuck surgery to improve contours. Commonly contoured areas include the flanks, mid-epigastric area, and pubic areas. Best to review your “areas of concern” with your plastic surgeon in front of a full-length mirror. Clinical evaluation of the tissues and overlying skin elasticity will be necessary to determine whether liposuction surgery is indicated.  You may find the attached link,  dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.