I know it's not going to be an easy surgery- but it can be done, if I drop another 35lbs. Hunting for the right doctor. (photos)

I want another full tummy tuck. I am looking to find a Doctor who not only wants to take on the task, but has experience with doing full revision. I am 13 months post op. Have lost 20lbs since surgery- and can notice the loose skin coming back. I plan on loosing 35-40 more lbs, in the next 4 months (with intense diet and cardio). I'm very serious. Also- I came back to Canada and had my stitches removed, the doctor, for some reason, scrapped my scabs off- and it caused keloid problems.

Tummy tuck revision

Hello and thank you for your question. I think your results are good. Everyone has some loose skin when we bend and sit. If we were too tight you would not be able to stand erect. Having said that I don't know how loose your skin is now and what you will look like after you lose even more weight. Your scars can be revised for sure and you certainly could benefit from a revision, but as of now without examining you I cannot be as confident as I would if I did examine you. Resend photos when you have lost all the weight that you plan to. Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Revision Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss, and on your motivation to be more active!  Once you are at or near your stable goal weight, you can undergo a revision surgery.   From these photos, you do not need another full tummy tuck since it is just the lower half of your abdomen that has the excess skin and fat.  That excess can be removed, also removing/revising your healed scar.   Your plastic surgeon should make sure that your new scar line is not to high by also removing skin from the pubic region so that you have a balanced placement of your scar line.   Also, progressive sutures (stitches) can be placed, securing the undersurface of your lower abdomen skin/fat layer to your lower abdomen muscle layer.   That way, you can have a smooth lower abdomen, instead of a roll when you sit down or bend over.   If your belly button scar is also a concern, a scar revision can be performed.   However, since the circumference around the belly button will then be even larger by removing the scar, the stitches that are placed should be tightened or purse stringed to decrease the size of the circle.

Best Wishes!

Tummy tuck revision

You should definitely get down to your goal weight before even considering a tummy tuck revision. At that point, you should see your plastic surgeon to explore the different options. Almost certainly, you would not need a full tummy tuck. Maybe just some skin tightening of the lower abdomen would satisfy your needs.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs revision TT

You should complete planned weight loss before committing to surgery. Liposuction vs. TT should be discussed; revision umbilicoplasty as well. Hypertrophic scars; that may be the way you heal? Discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon in details and consider second opinion as well. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision - doctor hunting

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuckn revision.
  1. You will have lost 55 - 60 pounds before your tummy tuck revision - good work!
  2. Wait at least 3 months after losing the weight to be sure you keep it off.
  3. You need to find a qualified plastic surgeon as near to you as possible -
  4. Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons - all members are Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.
  5. You may need a full revision or a skin-only tummy tuck -
  6. Ask your surgeon, if possible, to use barbed sutures to close the dermis and then skin glue - this will avoid you having a lot of stitches to remove.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS