Would Lipo of abdomen & flanks improve my midsection? (Photo)

I am looking into getting a BA and thought why not go for some mid-section improvement as well. I understand that in most cases, as I have reviewed the realself forums in depth, a TT is suggested for those looking to achieve a perfect, flat, pre-baby, belly. I am a mom of 4 children (including a set of twins) none by way of C-section, have a petite frame, 5'2 about 130lbs, no stretch marks. "perfection" not necessary I'd like to look better in my clothes, have a real waist, without love-handles.

Liposuction of Abdomen and Flanks

Thank you for posting your photos with your interesting question. As you already know, a tummy tuck will give the  flattest abdomen after having 4 children, including twins. There is some diastasis or separation of your rectus abdominal muscles that will not be corrected with liposuction alone. Liposuction, however will reduce the excess fat of your abdomen and flanks and you will look better with clothing. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with liposuction and tummy tucks. At the time of your consultation, you will have an examination, have your questions answered, clearly express your goals, and see many of the plastic surgeon's before and after results. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Liposuction a good combination with breast augmentation?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Liposuction will reduce your flanks (side) but you would need a tummy tuck to improve the abdomen, almost certainly, although an exam is needed to be sure.
  • The reason - your tummy bulge is unlikely to be from fat, more likely to be from stretched muscle
  • To be sure this is the case, consult a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck vs lipo

You would have to be seen in person, but if you have reasonable skin tone, your muscles are ok, and you do not want a tummy tuck incision or recovery from it, then lipo may be ok.

is correcting diastasis or separation of the musculature

the only way that the abdomen can be totally flat which has generated that
distention abdominal and this is only possible to travez of a tommy tuck TT or
abdominplastia. This TT to not only correct diastasis
but also to remove the excess skin and fat; for the better
result is always good to associate it with a liposuction side of the
abdomen.

Franklin De Jesus, MD