Do I need a nose job and if so what would u do with it? (photos)

I don't like how straight it is , I like slope and i dont like how long my nostrils are on the sides

Rhinoplasty

If you desire a rhinoplasty, you should go for consultation and explain to your surgeon what bothers you specifically.

Do I need a nose job, and if so what would you do with it?

No one needs a nose job, and that is a personal decision that only the patient can make. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be a significant impediment to refining the nasal tip area. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the tip narrowed somewhat, and the bridge line refined. Digital computer imaging performed in the office setting can be helpful to understand what can cannot be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure. For more information and many  Before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Do I need a nose job?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Firstly, you don’t NEED a rhinoplasty. A rhinoplasty is for cosmetic reasons and can enhance and refine you nose if you desire that. You can achieve a slope in the bridge of your nose by by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth it out and create that slope you desire. You may also benefit from some tip refinement to correct the bulbous appearance. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are indeed, a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

The key to facial beauty? The nose. No question.

At age 16, most individuals are a candidate for rhinoplasty- nasal contouring surgery to improve the appearance the nose. As can be seen time and time again in the glossy pages of the tabloids, people look better when they've had a rhinoplasty to improve the proportions of their nose with their face. "Do I need a rhinoplasty?" is a question many ask, and the answer, strictly speaking, is "No" providing you can breathe well enough and don't need nasal airway reconstruction or haven't sustained major trauma that has deformed your nose. But if you are asking "Would I look better with a rhinoplasty?" then almost always the answer is "Yes". The bridge of you nose, the tip, and the nostrils can all be addressed very expertly to achieve more attractive contours and a more attractive nose. Have a consultation with 1-2 rhinoplasty surgeons in your area to explain your goals and aesthetic desires. Have them image your photo(s) in order to see your estimated result. And obviously cost is a factor so make sure you understand the fees and fee structure. Then, you can decide exactly how to proceed. Good luck!  -Randolph Capone, MD, FACS

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. No one needs a rhinoplasty, but if the above things bother you then a rhinoplasty can improve them. Ideas include, a softer dorsum (not too scoopy), better tip definition and slight deprojection, more columella definition, and possibly narrowing the alar bases if needed. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty question

Thank you for your question, certainly for the changes you desire a rhinoplasty might be indicated. The procedure could refine the nasal tip, make it slightly smaller, and improve the profile of the nose. In order to create the slope appearance, we would need to re-shape some of the internal cartilages. The changes that you desire should be discussed with your rhinoplasty surgeon in detail. In addition he or she should go through recovery and swelling. Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty, refining the tip, deep radix, parenthesis deformity

A rhinoplasty would be helpful to refine the nose, create better balance with the remainder of the face and have a feature that is more complementary.  So in that regard you could benefit from a rhinoplasty.  The only patients that truly  need a rhinoplasty are those with congenital deformities, post traumatic deformity or nasal obstruction.  To make your nose appear more feminine the tip should be refined, made more narrow and counter rotated (brought down) a little while the radix ( the area between the eyes ) the to be elevated a little to soften the transition from the brow to the  top of the nose.  The maneuvers that are necessary to accomplish this will require cartilage grafting.  The ideal cartilages found in the nasal septum.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon