I am 3 weeks post op for my rhinoplasty and septum surgery and my nose still is very swollen. Will this go away? (photos)

I put a before photo and two after photos. I feel it looks so big and swollen and I'm scared the swelling is never going to go away Please I really need answers and am I over reacting on this thank you

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Nasal swelling 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

It is WAY too early to visualize the results of your procedure.  It will take 8-12 weeks for most of the swelling to resolve, and up to a full year for final results to show.  Be patient and keep your head elevated.

Rhinoplasty Swelling

It's perfectly normal to be significantly swollen 3 weeks after rhinoplasty.  Typically, swelling starts to go down after the 3rd or 4th day post op. Splints are removed at 7 days and the swelling increases again for a few days before starting to go down again.  Strenuous physical activity can be resumed after 14 days and again the swelling increases temporarily before starting to go down again. This wave like pattern with regards to swelling is typical.  You may also notice asymmetries due to swelling as well as increase in swelling throughout the day.  All normal.
Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose swelling

If you had a closed rhinoplasty, it will change for up to a year. If it was an open rhinoplasty, it may change for up to 18 months. Be patient.                                                                                                          .

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Rhinoplasty swelling

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very normal to be swollen at three weeks postoperative. The dorsal aspect of the bridge of the nose will usually decrease earlier than the nasal tip swelling. Nasal tip swelling can sometimes take 6-12 months to fully resolve. I advise patients that the final result of rhinoplasty takes 12 months. I recommend that you return to see your surgeon, as he/she will have a good idea of what to expect in regards to your specific progress, since they can evaluate you in relation to your preoperative appearance.

Best wishes and good luck

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained Plastic Surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Swelling

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty jscarank! Edema or swelling after surgery is very common. This swelling can take up to a year to resolve. Sometimes using saline nasal spray can help decongest the nose. If you have seasonal allergies, you may need to resume your treatment for this. It is important to maintain follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can examine you and see what the cause and treatment is. Head of bed elevation can also help with edema resolution. Best of luck, MMT