What recommendations can you give me for tightening loose skin?

I am 48. 5'1. 93lbs. Lost 40 lbs, over the last year. The skin on my buttocks, thighs, and stomach is saggy. I really have no fat. Would like to know about options to fix these problems. Would like to avoid surgery.

Wow!

First of all, congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! That is surely an accomplishment you should be very proud of. You've taken the first step towards a more confident and healthy life, and I applaud your commitment to looking (and feeling) your best. Now - as for that annoyingly lose skin.

Ultherapy or SmartLipo would be great options for minimally invasive resolutions. 

Ultherapy is the only non-invasive procedure FDA-cleared to lift skin on the neck, under the chin and on the eyebrow. Now also FDA-cleared to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the décolletage, Ultherapy can help you achieve a fresher, more youthful look from your brow to your chest!

Smart Lipo is a procedure that employs laser lipolysis, by which localized fat deposits are reduced surgically by means of a special laser housed inside a tiny tube called a cannula.

Unlike traditional liposuction, laser lipolysis does not necessitate suction. This procedure offers benefits equivalent to traditional liposuction, but is generally recommended for smaller areas.

Smart Lipo is more gentle and safe than traditional liposuction. Smaller cannulas mean smaller incisions, so there is less scarring. Because of the heat generated by this method, there is another very important benefit: The body’s own healing response causes tissues to contract, leaving skin tighter and smoother in the treated area. 

The ideal candidate should be generally healthy, have maintained a stable weight for more than a year, and has good skin elasticity in the areas being treated.

Overall, Laser skin tightening will have tremendous effects for you. 

As always, seek the consult of a cosmetic professional in person for the most dependable advice.

In good health & congratulations,

Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician