PCS - will Botox injections help with headaches?

My fiance has been suffering from PCS for about 3 years now and we just cant get the headaches to go away. We are willing to try anything at this point as they are starting to get to be to much for her to handle. As you can imagine having a headache everyday for the past 3 years can get a little frustrating. I am just wondering if botox injections would help with the headaches and if there are any other things that could be worth a try. PLEASE HELP

Botox for Headaches and Migraines

Botox done by dermatologists is primarily done for cosmetic reasons.  Many patients have told me that their Botox has relieved their headaches/migraines as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for headaches

Botox can be used for treatment of migraines in some patients.  It generally is most efficacious in patients with known trigger points (or specific areas where the headache begins).   In carefully selected patients, Botox can be extraordinarily helpful.  

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Will Botox injections help with headaches?

Botox could be helpful in the treatment of migraines in certain patient candidates.

Patient interested in determining if Botox could be an option for migraine treatment may consider doing a trial of Botox in the forehead and scalp to determine if they could benefit from it.

Patients interested in a Botox application for potential treatment of migraines  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in Botox injections

John Mesa, MD

Thank you for your question. Yes, Botox can be injected for headaches. Visit a skilled injector to assist you with this. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD