Chin Implant - does this digital image look good? (photos)

I'm thinking of getting a chin implant because my chin is a bit weak. Below I have a profile photo showing my current chin and then the other photo a surgeon I saw digitally altered it. I'd like some opinions on the aesthetics of it. Do you think it looks good?

Chin Surgery

Unfortunately I can not see your pictures in my computer. However, you may want to also consult your surgeon or another surgeon about the sliding osteotomy which avoids an implant, it is more versatile and  improve the neck contour more than an implant.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant-does this digital image look good?

Placement of a chin implant augments the chin in a three-dimensional fashion, so it is difficult to give an opinion based on a one dimensional photograph. The amount of projection the patient's desires a personal one which is usually discussed at the time of examination and consultation. Chin implants are manufactured by a variety of companies in a variety of sizes and shapes. In our practice, we use Implantech silastic chin implants for over 25 years. For more information, diagrams of the implants themselves, and many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Chin Implant - does this digital image look good?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty there is a simple way to ascertain if your chin is weak and if so how far forward the chin should be projected.  There is a difference based on gender.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin Augmentation Imaging

Ultimately what matters is how you see that type of chin augmentation result. is it too much or not enough? Only you can make that decision. I would also caution you to not just look at profile or side view imaging. How it would look in the front and oblique views is just as important as that is how you actually see yourself regularly. Chin implants can affect chin width and height as w ell based on the style of implant used.