I'm worried about cost, but is it truly worth doing?

I went to a ENT doctor for my breathing, and it ended up me having a deviated septum and a chronic sinus infection. I was prescribed medication and put on a steroid shot, considering before I went this was happening for 7 months+. I have trouble breathing a lot, I thought it was because of the area I live in, but considering it's been a few months since my ENT I've considered it. I don't like my nose anyway.

Is Nasal Surgery Worth It?

If you have chronic breathing problems with septal deviation a septoplasty would probably be worth it. If you also want cosmetic changes to your nose do it at the same time; you should get a better result and it will be less expensive.

Rhinoplasty/septoplasty/ sinus surgery

When patient's have chronic and long-term nasal obstruction that is unresponsive to medical management, consider a septoplasty to improve air flow dynamics.  When patient's have chronic and ongoing sinus infections that are also unresponsive to antibiotics and medications, consider a CAT scan of the sinuses to document the extent of the polyps located in the sinuses. If polyps have been documented and there is extensive sinus infections, consider endoscopic sinus surgery. A rhinoplasty is considered cosmetic, and can be performed at the same time as the above functional procedures. Functional surgery is typically billed to the patient's medical insurance once medical necessity has been documented. A rhinoplasty is considered cosmetic, and must be paid for by the patient themselves. Computer imaging can be performed at the time of the consultation and examination to give patient's a relatively good idea of what their no nose might look like with a rhinoplasty procedure. For more information about all 3 surgical procedures, please see the video and the link below

Not sure what your question is...

Hello. If the deviated septum is affecting your breathing, then it would be a good idea to get that fixed. Breathing better will improve your energy level, the quality of your sleep and overall health. On top of that, if you want to change an aesthetic feature of your nose, you have to do it with an operation anyways. Good luck.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD