I have uneven breasts after a breast augmentation revision. I am two years post op. What can be done to fix it? (Photos)

I had my implants replaced for a smaller size (395cc to 234cc), since my breasts were so large for my small frame and I am a runner. My natural breasts and even prior to the revision my breasts were nicely shaped. Now the left breast looks flat on the side, and the right breast has extra skin on the side. I was told the stitching would settle down on the left side, but two years post op not much has changed. Can this be fixed and can anything be done about the extra skin on the right side?

Uneven breasts after a breast augmentation revision.

Based on the photos alone your results actually look quite good. Perhaps it is best to leave things as they are as no two breasts are exactly alike.

I have uneven breasts after a breast augmentation revision.

I must be missing something in the photos as the results look perfectly fine. Of course there are minor differences in all breast pairs with or without surgery. That is considered the "normal" in humans. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Leave well enough alone

Based on the photographs submitted, you have a nice natural result.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to have 2 breasts exactly alike, despite multiple procedures.  Think of breasts like sisters, not twins!  I would leave well enough alone, every time you have a procedure increases scarring and the risk of a major complication.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breasts After a Breast Augmentation

Asymmetry following a breast augmentation is not at all uncommon as each breast heals at a different pace than one another. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural.

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. (#Textured implants do not require breast massage.)
You must have patience, but if there are any causes of concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.