What else can I do to fix the bald spots on my head from a brow lift 2 1/2 years ago. What's the solution? (photos)

A Coronal brow lift left scalp balding, with gapping staples used in the incision. My doctor's partner tried a loosely stitched revision and a few transplants, which only helped on the sides. A regular hair transplant doctor also said transplants wouldn't work in the scar. He suggested another excision, or micropigmentation. Tattoos would show because my hair turns blonde in the summer. My self esteem is shot so I no longer get professional haircuts. Parting my hair different is not a fix.

When you have alopecia following coronal browlifts

scar excisions and loosening of the surrounding tissue should fix the problem.  You've been to many experts already and have a list of options from which you can choose.  A scar excision/revision requires an aggressive loosening of adjacent scalp and is not something I would in the office under local.

Bald spots on scalp can be excised or camouflaged

You do have several options for treating this scarring.  You could have the scar removed and hair-bearing scalp brought together. If the scalp is too immobile, you could require a tissue expander. However, since the bald area is so small, I would try either excision or serial excision before considering a tissue expander. I have seen hair transplants work rather well in scarred scalp tissue, but I would try scar excision first.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bald Spots 2 1/2 Years after Brow Lift.

I recommend excision of the scars rather than hair transplants which do not grow well in scar tissue which has limited blood supply. In patients with a very tight scalp a small expander may be necessary to close the defect without tension.

Bald spots post brow lift

You should be able to excise the bald spots and then reclose. The surrounding skin is freed up to minimize any tension on the wound .  Usually can close easily and bring the hair bearing scalp back together.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bald spots in scalp after coronal brow lift?

these are best treated with excision rather than transplants. Our textbook on reconstructive surgery of the scalp describe several methods for treating this problem. If the scalp is too tight a tissue expander may  be required.  See a very experienced scalp reconstructive surgeon who can show you many examples of his work with problems like yours. 

Bald spot

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry you are going through this difficult experience. However, it is something that can be fixed by excising the scar and moving the surrounding, hair-bearing tissue into the area where the scar was located. Depending on the tightness of the scalp, you may need it done a few times, but, based on the size of the defect, it looks like it will only need one excision.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. Have you discussed your disappointment with your surgeon? It is always helpful to have an understanding of the procedure that you received, and the accompanying medical records for your use in consultations with other surgeons.  I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The in-person examination will illuminate your options. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon