Will I have normal shaped breasts soon? (Photos)

I had my over the muscle implants for 15 years. Just had them taken out 5 days ago and had 400cc put under the muscle along with a breast lift done. I'm really high and don't have a round look at all plus I'm starting to ripple at the bottom. My doctor said everything will look amazing after a few months? Do I look normal for it only being 5 days??

Breast result and shape

Thank you for your question. At this time just have to wait. May change once the implant drops. If not may need to consider revision after six months.

Breast results

At this point you have to give it time to heal before even considering a revision. They may fill out as the implants settle. Best of luck.

Will I have normal shaped breasts soon

With the type of surgery you had, it is common for a settling to take weeks. In many case, although things start to look better in the first couple of weeks, with an implant placed below the muscle, it can take 6 weeks to start and will continue for a period of time after that in many instances.

Julio Garcia, MD

Distortion after Breast Lift/Implant Exchange

Thanks for the question.  When changing an implant from above the muscle to below the muscle a significant amount of postoperative swelling is to be expected specifically in the upper part of the breasts.  As this resolves the implant will settle in to the breast pocket and most of your concerns should be alleviated.  It will probably take 3-6 months before a final result can be appreciated.

Will I have normal shaped breasts soon?

Few surgeries look good at 5 days.  Additionally, switching the implants from above to below the muscle requires additional surgical manipulation that does take time to look normal.  Once your implants drop into the pocket, I thank that your shape will change for the better and the bunching will improve.Good luck.  Be patient and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Shayne Webb, MD

Getting to a normal shape

After a Breast lift with implants it takes many months to soften the look and become more natural.  5 days is way too early to judge end results.  Be patient and follow your PS's instructions.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Will I have normal shaped breasts soon?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Be patient, it will take time before the final appearance is appreciated.  At five days I would predict any patient who had the treatment you described to be very swollen, high and distorted.  The ripples you are noticing are consistent with swelling in the tissues.  Keep in contact with your surgeon.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Wait for some time

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Results evolve over time

Hi, I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi. Yes, you look consistent with a very early result. It's normal to have the shapes of your breasts evolve over time.  Your implants will settle into place and not appear as high.  The skin will smooth out and the scars will get softer, flatter, less colored and less gathered looking.  Hang in there and be sure to follow your PS' recommendations, if any on implant massage, scar care, etc.  Good luck!

Breast shape changes for several months after breast augmentation and lift

The shape of your breasts will continue to change for several months after you have a breast augmentation and lift done. Five days is still really early to be judging results. Some of the issues that may cause different or strange appearance of the breasts can be:
  1. swelling
  2. imprinting of bandages or bras on the skin
  3. tissue gathering (like around the circular area around the areola)
  4. skin tightness
These things take anywhere from days to weeks to resolve for #1 & #2 (above), six to twelve weeks for #3, and up to four to six months for #4.Continue to follow all of your post-surgery instructions and follow up with your plastic surgeon to obtain your best results.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon