Why do I still have large pores, wrinkles around lips and spider veins 10 weeks after erbium laser peel?

I had an erbium laser peel 10/26/15. As of today, 1/8/16, my large pores are still visible on cheeks, nasolabial folds and chin as well as faded spider veins and wrinkles around my lips. Is this outcome common? I was told this would be a "one and done" procedure to take care of these problems. Is further tightening possible at this stage and what should I ask my doctor when I go for my follow up about further treatment?

Thanks for your query. One treatment of erbium yag laser is not sufficient. For large open pores you can try fraxel or chemical peels. You can send in your picture for better consult. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Laser peels, pores and veins

OK, firstly addressing pores and wrinkles- erbium is an excellent laser, but the depth of laser resurfacing as well as the coverage and mount of 'coag' or heat is important. See video for explanation. This laser has the ability of remove severe sun damage including deep wrinkle and pores, but will be dependent on the users depth. As for spider veins, your Specialist who performed this procedure should inform you that vascular lasers such as the KTP, VBEAM and Excel V are best for veins. The target is different from the erbium laser. Easily treated with vascular lasers. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Different isssues

Erbium will not address broken blood vessels or nasolabial folds.Nasolabial folds arextreatedxwoth filler and broken blood vessels are treated with vascular lasers.Wrinkles around the mouth can be improved but not totally eliminated because they are caused by muscle movement.Discuss options with your doctor or seek another opinion.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Erbium Peel and Still With Pores, Wrinkles, Veins

I am not sure you were given the right expectations.  Erbium depending on the strength will give you some improvement in lines and color but will not improve pores greatly and does not help veins.  you needed a combination approach and I suggest seeing a well trained laser and skin care expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.