How much for an explant and breast lift? (photos)

I would like minimum scars, use old scars would be fine. I have saline 490cc under muscle. I would love to have smaller, at least what's mine is fine, perky, pretty boobs. Bra less is a dream I want to live!

No lift

For explant surgery, it is almost always best to remove the capsule in its entirety.  This will allow the space to heal.  If you leave the capsule in place, it does not heal.  Fluid can accumulate in the space.  The situation that brings the patient to implant removal will have an affect on the decision.  This is a surgery which requires discussion with the plastic surgeon about the problem, the goals, and the technical concerns.  The body does not re-absorb the capsule.  Revision surgery requires drains because the fluid is going to be generated when you operate on the scar capsule.  If you provide a mechanism for the fluid to be removed (i.e. drains), the risks are lower.  If the fluid accumulates because there were no drains, it will most certainly cause problems in the future.A lift with an implant is controversial for two reasons.  First, when you perform a lift you are making everything tight and closing the wounds under tension.  It you add the expansive forces of the implant at the same time, you are fighting against yourself.  There are forces on the wound which try to make them separate, which results in wider, thicker, more irregular scars.  In the worst case, the wounds will open.  So compromises are usually made in the operating room by the surgeon because they cannot close the lift wounds over the appropriate sized implant.  Either less of a lift is performed so that the skin is not as tight and therefore there is less tension on the closure.  Or a smaller implant than would be appropriate is used so as to decrease the expansive forces.  Either way, you are compromising the aesthetic outcome.  Often the outcome is so compromised that a second revision surgery is required.  If however, you plan to have the lift first and then the augmentation after everything has healed, then you have two operation that are planned, both with much lower risk than the combined mastopexy/augmenation.  The outcomes of the two meticulously planned operations are much better and a more aesthetically pleasing, and a safer outcome is achieved. The second reason the combination of mastopexy and augmentation is controversial is because of the risk of nipple necrosis (death of the nipple).  By making the skin tight for the lift, you are putting external pressure on the veins that supply the nipple.  By putting an expansive force on the undersurface of the breast with an implant, you are putting pressure on the thin walled veins that supply the nipple.  If the pressure by squeezing the veins between the implant and the skin is greater than the venous pressure in the veins, the flow will stop.  If the venous outflow stops, the arterial inflow is stopped.  If the arterial inflow is stopped, there is no oxygen for the healing wounds and the tissue dies. Placing the implant on top of the muscle in combination with a lift puts the blood supply to the nipple at a much higher risk because in addition to the issue of pressure on the veins, you have to divide the blood vessels that are traveling from the pectoralis muscle directly into the breast (and to the nipple) in order to place the implant between the breast tissue and the muscle. This adds a third element of risk to an already risky operation.  Mastopexy/augmenation with sub glandular implant placement is by far the riskiest way to address your anatomic question.

Breast Implant Explantation and Breast Lift

The costs of surgery vary greatly across the country. We charge starting about $2300 + MD Anesthesia Related Costs for breast implant removal. Breast Lift depending on the scope will be between $2000 to $3000 + MD Anesthesia related expenses.

One main advantage that we have is that we own our AAAASF nationally accredited surgery center. This allows us to maintain staff and MD Anesthesiologist relationships, and manage the costs which allows us to provide a safe and comfortable environment. 

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How much for an explant and breast lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures.   When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. Best wishes.

Breast lift

An explant with a lift is all you need.  Most likely a Wise pattern lift (or inverted T) would be required to give you a nice shape and much smaller volume.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast lift and explant

The cost for a breast lift and explant will vary from surgeon to surgeon and in different areas of the country.  As far as scars, that will depend upon the technique used. 

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Prices for implant removal and breast lift are centered around three cost centers: anesthesia, facility, and surgeon's fees.  The first two are usually based on the amount of time spent in the operating room with prices that are set by the respective cost center.  A surgeon has discretion in his charges to patients and this will depend on the type of breast lift pursued - most likely an anchor incision pattern..  As these three cost center will vary across the country and by each surgeon, best to see a few physicians in consultation to have a better estimate for the florida region.  Hope this helps. 

Explant and lift

Dear BleighThank you for your question. Your concern is certainly understandable. 980cc less weight on your chest will surely be a relief.I would encourage you to have a fast , simple implant removal first. Let things settle. Have the lift later. It is best to shoot ducks in a barrel if you know what I mean.Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

I understand your goals. In my opinion- to achieve those stated goals, that is your best looking breast, you would need explant and a real mastopexy using an anchor technique. The best scars are No scars. Hope this helps