Will a non-surgical rhinoplasty work for me? (Photos)

I have a big bump on my nose, and i also have a droopy nose. (I think it is also called a columella show). I really do not want a full rhinoplasty, so I was wondering if there was any way to make it look more straight and lifted without the full surgery. Thanks.

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

There is no nonsurgical way to lower the dorsal hump, but sometimes making the radix (area of the bridge above the bump) taller, or augmenting the radix, will result in a straight profile and the illusion of hump removal.
Seeking an expert in nonsurgical rhinoplasty will give you the best result in the safest manner.

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Is Intended For Bumps, Humps & Down-turned Nasal Tips

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I suggest that you simply look at the sidebar to this column showing before and after photos of one of my patients with a very pronounced bump and significant down-turning of the nasal tip. The after picture was taken literally five minutes after the before just to give you an idea of how quickly a nonsurgical can be performed. Note the straight nose and more upturned tip.

So, the short answer to your question is a resounding "Yes!"

One word of caution, however. Be sure to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with expertise and experience in performing nonsurgical nose jobs using volumizing fillers either alone or occasionally in combination with a neuromodulator (such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) to enable further lift to the tip. Although the entire procedure should not take more than five or ten minutes to do, it should not be left to the hands of novice injectors or medspa settings that are accustomed to treating ordinary smile lines with only simple fillers, like Restylane. 

Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

you really need a surgical improvement for the best outcome although fillers could be used to subtly change the bridge.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Full rhinoplasty surgery for dorsal hump removal, lifting the tip in reducing the columellar show

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves placement of fillers in the nose, which will only make the nose bigger, and wider on a temporary basis. In addition, fillers are not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complication such as skin necrosis. A surgical rhinoplasty can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, lifting the tip, and reducing the columellar show. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish these goals by placing all the incisions on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below