I want to know will my skin tighten up enough with just the liposuction that I won't need the tummy tuck? (Photos)

I am a 41 year old woman that is wanting to get liposuction without a tummy tuck. I want to know will my skin tighten up enough with just the liposuction that I won't need the tummy tuck?

Excess Skin After Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. Unfortunately, while liposuction can eliminate unwanted fatty tissue, the procedure does not tighten lax skin. From your pictures, it appears that you will not be able to achieve your desired results without both liposuction and a tummy tuck, to excise the sagging, excess skin. My recommendation is that you schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can perform a physical examination and explain your individual options.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover

Liposuction does  tighten skin but not nearly the amount you need for a very defined and sculpted results. you will probably need a tummy tuck as
well along with a VASER HI DEF liposuction body contouring procedure.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Tummy Tuck

Hello, Thanks so much for your pictures and your inquiry. Analyzing your pictures it seems that liposuction by itself would not give you the results you are expecting. A tummy tuck and liposuction would give you the best outcome in your case. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and skin "tightening"

Concerns about the appearance of the abdomen are very common among patients consulting with a plastic surgeon. Just like every patient is different…so too is every abdomen. Different problems require different solutions. Your board certified plastic surgeon is uniquely trained to identify the problems as well as the appropriate solution. Which procedure is best is dependent upon the source of the problem. Excess fat deposits underneath the skin can be addressed via liposuction. However, commonly patients concerns are centered around issues of excess skin as well as fat. A third factor, which is often overlooked by most patients is abdominal wall muscle laxity (typically seen in post partum mommies). Based upon your photos, it would appear that your issue may be a combination of excess skin and fat (although it is difficult to say for certain without an in-person exam). Liposuction while effective at addressing subcutaneous fat, does very little for skin excess (skin tightening). A good rule of thumb is "loose skin before...loose skin after" unless something is done to directly address the issue. The procedures can be done jointly or in succession, patient must adjust expectations when staging them.As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

You will still have some excess skin along your lower anterior abdominal wall but this may be minimal. The benefit of lipo in your case is that you can have an aggressive treatment of your flanks and back as well as the front.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Will my skin tighten with lipo only

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures your skin may not tighten as it is loose now to your expectation. Both lipo and TT will give optimal results to you . Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures.  I do not think liposuction alone will improve the contour of your abdomen, good luck.  

Tight skin

Definitely not. Lipo alone won't do it.
For the skin to tighten up, you need a tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo of the waist.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lipo only or lipoabdominoplasty

Lipo alone will remove a portion of the subcutaneous fat, but will not tighten your skin in any significant way. You would be most happy with a lipoabdominoplasty.