Will the bulge on my lower stomach go away and will the love handles on my lower back flank area go away? 4 after (Photo)

I had liposuction of the torso (abdomen and flanks) but it look like there are areas that the doctor has missed. This is post surgery day 4. I still have a fat budge I my lower abdomen and my flank area on my lower back still look like I have love handles. Please give me some advice. The doctor office told me that I was swollen and need to wait.

Will the bulge on my lower stomach go away and will the love handles on my lower back flank area go away?

AT 4 days, it is much too soon to judge the results. Give it at least 3 to 6 months for everything to get to normal. 

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Staying away from salt will make a big difference in swelling. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Cessation after Liposuction--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone/Zwave, Hyperbaric Oxygen

Yes, you are still swollen from your procedure. Swelling can last 3-6 months. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with your compression to reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and smooth the skin's appearance. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Day 4 after liposuction but areas were missed

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You are very swollen from surgery and your cannot judge your result at this point. You need to give yourself a lot of time - six weeks to see improvement and at least 6 months to see the final result. Your surgeon is giving you good advice - everyone has the same concerns after liposuction because of the swelling.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

POD 4 from liposuction.

Every surgical procedure has a swelling phase and at

4 days most patients are about the maximum swelling.

You will  see changes for about 6 months sometimes longer.

Many of the early concerns are temporary and will go away.

Discuss your concerns with your doctor after a few months.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon