My breast have sagged for as long as I could remember. How do I get them from their sagging state to uplifted?

They've been saggy since i have developed breast.

Sagging Breasts - Do I Need Incisions On My Breasts Or Are There Other Techniques To Lift Them?

Thank you for this excellent question.  It goes to the heart of what breast lifting is all about:  who needs it, what techniques are available, and what is the best technique for any particular individual?

Sagging or drooping breasts are referred to technically as breast ptosis.  P. Renault M.D., in her 1976 article, codified the levels of sagginess (droop or ptosis).  The surgery most commonly used to correct breast ptosis is a mastopexy.  Most mastopexies require external incisions on the skin, surgically moving the nipple upward, and often removing skin and/or skin and subcutaneous tissue. 

There are several variables which will determine whether you are a good candidate for a mastopexy:  your age, the number of pregnancies you had and plan to have; your weight, including weight gains or losses.  All these and more questions are necessary to be answered to determine what type of surgery you would need to correct your sagging breasts (breast ptosis). 

I am aware of two techniques which will lift sagging breasts and give minimal to no scarring.  A transaxillary (through the armpit) breast augmentation with a dual plane mastopexy will correct sagging breasts when the sag is minimal to moderate.  A second technique if your breasts are large, is a suction breast reduction which will reduce the overall size of the breast and the weight, leading to higher, firmer breasts with only 1/4" incision in the armpit area. 

Other techniques for mastopexies with skin excision include the Benelli mastopexy, the lollipop mastopexy, and the standard of classical Weiss pattern mastopexy. 

As you can see from the complexity of your question, it is mandatory that you see a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast lifts, breast reductions, and dual plane mastopexies.  The good news is that Saginaw, Michigan (the city where they rolled up the sidewalks) has excellent plastic surgeons .

Sagging Breasts

Thank you for your question. Usually, a mastopexy is the best solution to breast sagging. If there is no volume, a breast implant may be needed. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Horndeski Methodâ„¢

I recommend a new technique called The Horndeski Method™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in immediate pain relief and long term stability.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts are treated by a breast lift (mastopexy).

There are different types of breast lifts but are tailored to the specific anatomic problem.  Often these procedures are coupled with a breast augmentation or a breast reduction.

Types of breast lift

The degree of sagging or ptosis (the medical term for breast sagging) will determine what type of surgery and scarring involved would benefit you the most. A mild amt of sagging usually is treated with implants only. However, if you have moderate or severe sagging, a breast lift or mastopexy (medical term for breast lift) will be needed and an implant may or may not be necessary. The size of your breasts before surgery will also determine what kind of lift you will need. Having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you in finding out what procedure is best for you.

Congenital "saggy" breasts and desire for breast lift

You don't mention your age and whether or not you plan to have children soon - these are important considerations to consider before your breast lift as your breast will change significantly with pregnancy and you may need further surgery.

Sagging breasts

I recommend you getting 3 different consults with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to give you the best option(s).  You may need a mastopexy (lift) or a mastopexy with implant as well.  Good luck!

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast Lift

Breast Lift ( Mastopexy) is the surgical procedure to reshape sagging breast.  Contact a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, to confirm that you are a candidate for this surgery. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Correcting saggy breasts.

The short answer to correcting saggy breasts is to have a breast lift.  However, whether you are a good candidate could only be determined by gathering much more information such as history of weight gain and loss, prior pregnancies and desire for future pregnancies, etc.  I suggest you visit 1-3 board certified plastic surgeons in your area and have a detailed consultation about what is best for you.  Good luck.

Breast Lift (Mastopexy)

A Breast Lift or Mastopexy is a common procedure for lifting saggy breasts. You must first have yourself examined by an experienced Plastic Surgeon and see if you meet the criteria for the surgery. You may also benefit from Breast Implants if you need more volume for your breasts. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon