Will Vaser Lipo on Abdomen Make my Skin Sag?

I have had 4 kids and I am cosidering Vaser Liposuction will my skin sag? I am 23 years old, standing 5'6" tall, weighing in at 151 lbs. My skin is now a little loose after giving birth. l  am just concerned that after the surgery it will sag and I dont want it to look worse after than before.

VASER can tighten skin by a small amount

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is truly very difficult to say what the right procedure is for you given the one picture. In general, women who have had several kids tend to have excess skin in the lower abdomen that has stretch marks and has poor quality. Many of these patients are excellent candidates for a full tummy tuck. Some patients do not have too many stretch marks, do not have poor skin quality, but do have some excess fat. Those patients can be great candidates for liposuction. The VASER ultrasound portion helps to tighten the skin a little to decrease any sagging after the procedure.

If your surgeon feels that you need aggressive liposuction of the abdomen, you will likely have looser skin after the procedure, and the VASER liposuction can help you a little bit. On the other hand, if it is too loose, then you may benefit from a full tummy tuck. Please see a good plastic surgeon in your area and determine what is right for you. Good luck.

Will Vaser Lipo on Abdomen Make Your Skin Sag

It is difficult to assess what would be best for you via online photos. An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

However, depending on the amount of excess skin, a tummy tuck may also be something to consider. Over the years, surgeons have improved procedures and found ways to eliminate the need for #drains commonly used in a #tummy #tuck or #abdominoplasty, and a variety of other operations. I have found that most of my patients do very well with the exception of those have large areas of liposuction or lipo-abdominoplasty. Any extra fluid may be reabsorbed back into the body without the use of drains.  I may use drains on a case by case basis for these patients. If you go to a plastic #surgeon who uses drains, or if your situation requires drains, they usually stay in 3-5 days but may be required to remain in longer. The use of tissue #glue is to adhere the abdominal #skin to the #muscle. It is a new option and alternative to sutures in a tummy tuck. Vaser #liposuction may also be applied depending on your situation and deemed a candidate to combine both procedures. 

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Seeking the right doctor and gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision

Liposuction Candidate?

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your history of pregnancies I am,  like you,  concerned about the skin elasticity and the results you may have if you undergo liposuction surgery. Although it is hard to give you good advice without direct examination,  most patients in your situation do better with tummy tuck surgery.

Good skin elasticity is also an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age or gain/lose weight we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

It may be in your best interests to seek in person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Vaser may contract skin slightly but don't expect it to perform miracles.

The lighting on the picture makes it difficult to assess if your skin has adequate elasticity to contract after Vaser liposuction.

Please understand that the Vaser will do nothing to correct any associated muscle separation (diastasis).

The skin contraction abilities of the Vaser are somewhat limited. Do not expect it to achieve a taut abdomen; that is not a realistic expectiation.

The final answer depends on the amount of fat removed and your ability to contract after the fat extraction using ultrasonic energy; right now it would be similar to predicting the weather based on the limited information.

A full tummy tuck would remove excess skin, fat from the lower abdomen and repair the muscle separation which is most likely the best method to achieve a consistent result.

Vaser and tummy tucks

There are many variables with any liposuction technique used. If the skin quality is poor or if the area liposuctioned is very fatty and extensive Liposuction is performed, then you can have looser skin after the procedure. Yes, Vaser can heat the skin and tighten it a bit, but it may not overcome the problems of the tissue described. You may be better off with a full tummy tuck.

Vaser

It's a little hard to determine from the photograph though your skin does not look too bad. If you have enough elasticity in your skin and don't have a lot of deep stretch marks chances are you would do fine. Your best option is to consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon in your area skilled in the proper use of the Vaser. Check www.plasticsurgery.org and www.vaser.com.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD