Is It Safe to Get Skin Resurfacing with Active Acne?

Note: I am not trying to use skin resurfacing to stop my acne from coming back, that doesn't make any sense. I want to smooth the texture of my skin. I currently have mild acne. I plan to use Accutane after waiting the appropriate amount of time after the skin resurfacing.

Resurfacing the skin with active acne

I have actually seen patient's acne improve after laser resurfacing, but I have seen patient's acne get worse as well.  Its may be better to clear up your skin and then proceed with the resurfacing.

Resurfacing the skin with active acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}