Tip rhinoplasty with big nostrils?

Hello, i have a small bulbous tip. i don't really like the sideprofile of my nose. i noticed that if my tip would be heightened just a tad bit, it would make a huge differnce to my profile. the problem is that i have wide nostrils and i am scared that i will get a pig-like frontprofile if i get my tip heightened. i don't really want to get nostril reduction, since the procedure is a bit complicated and takes longer to heal than just adjusting the tip. any tips/recommendations? thank you!

Tip rhinoplasty with big nostrils?

Hello mialuna123 - Thanks for your question. It would help to if you posted a picture for us to see. It is possible to adjust the position of the tip in a conservative manner to avoid a piggy nose appearance. I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist for an exam, photos, and simulations to better understand how you might end up looking. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty with big nostrils?

Your question points out the subtleties of proper rhinoplasty planning.  No one can advise you without a face to face exam so seek consultation with bd. certified plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons in your area.    Best regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tip revision

Thank you for the question and I would go on complimentary consultations with experts in your area who take your photo digitally and the alter it to show you how your nose might look following surgery and how it might be accomplished

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tip Rhinoplasty with Big Nostrils

All of your concerns are justified and realistic but it is difficult to respond without seeing any pictures. I suggest you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your options so you can correct the unwanted features and achieve a natural result.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip rhinoplasty with wide nostrils

it is possible to heighten and refine the nasal tip without making it look "pig" like. In fact, doing this would narrow your nostrils a little. In your case, I think a consultation with a vectra 3D simulation would be very beneficial.

Tip rhinoplasty with big nostrils

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, therefore a full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what may be required for a very complicated surgical cosmetic procedure. The bulbous tip can be reduced, the dorsal hump can be shaved down, the bridge line narrowed and wide nostrils can be narrowed with an alar-plasty. Full healing after any type of nasal surgery is one year. Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty, not a tip-rhinoplasty due to the fact that all  of the components of the nose must balance with each other, and the entire new must nose balance with the patient's facial features. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Tip rhinoplasty with big nostrils

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it  without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon