Can sleeping on your side cause implants to fall?

I am 5 weeks post op. I was told by my ps at 2 weeks post op that I can sleep on my side if its comfortable for me. Can sleeping on your side cause the implant to move out of position or shape differently or deform on the side? also, is it normal whenever you go from one angle to another you feel your implants shifting? Like from laying to sitting up or simply leaning down to wash my face in the sink. I was wondering if it's because they're new or if it will always feel like that

Sleeping with implants

Everyone recovers different and it really depends on what kind of procedure you had and what implants were used too. Sometimes surgeons can have restrictions on how long you have to wait before you can sleep or be on your stomach. It is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Smooth implants may move more than textured so it kind of depends on the implant type you had.  Best of luck with a speedy recovery, MMT

Thank you for your question.  Most of the symptoms you are describing are quite normal after a breast augmentation and should not cause you concern, assuming there has not been a significant change in your overall breast appearance.  These feelings will spontaneously resolve as your healing progresses. Always heed the advice of your surgeon and if they cleared you to sleep on your side there should not be a problem with doing so, but I advise my patients to maintain their breasts in a well-fitting sports bra if they do.