Is it normal for implants to move when you move?

I am 6 months post op and I had silicone implants placed under the muscle. If I lift my arms to stretch or anything similar I feel the implants moving or something. It's not painful it's just kind of weird feeling. Is that normal? When I'm cold or nervous and shake or shiver I feel them move also. I thought maybe I can feel them more than usual because I was really small before implants maybe?

Is It Normal For Implants To Move

Thanks for ur question! Yes, it is quite normal for u to have this sensation. In my experience of doing thousands of these, some patients experience this. Over the next several months to year, u should get used to this & become desensitized to the sensation. Best of luck moving forward!

Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Implant muscle displacement

Thank you for your question. Since your implants are placed under the muscle,  which is how I place the majority of implants, when you flex your chest muscles or use your chest muscles the chest muscle moves the implants. This is a normal occurance. You notice it more now because they are new. You will eventually not even realize it.

Christopher T. Maloney Jr., MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon