Marionette lines, plus small mouth, best filler options? (photos)

I have a small mouth and have lines coming down from the sides of my mouth, best filler option to address these issues?

Marionette lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo.I think a small amount of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm could be used to fill your lines and help turn the sides of your mouth up. A small amount of Botox might also help lift the corners of your mouth. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatments to address concerns around the lips

Thank you for your question darling456. Various cosmetic treatments are available to address concerns such as the lips and marionette lines (which go from the corners of the mouth to the jawline). Small amounts of Botox can be placed around the lips to provide a slight pout. Fillers such as Juvederm can be used in the lips to provide more volume. A small amount of Botox can be placed in the DAO muscle in the lower face to elevate the corners of the mouth. Fillers such as Voluma can be placed in the upper cheeks to pull the nasolabial folds and marionette lines upward. Fillers such as Juvederm can be placed directly into the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Various skin tightening modalities can be used to tighten the skin on the cheeks. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician