One year since my breasts augmentation and my breasts are asymmetrical, what can I do? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 425 CC silicone year ago.my breasts are noticeably asymmetrical,thought that overtime they would even out but that wasn't the case. my cleavage is uneven. The doctor used same size implants on both breasts, shouldnt he have used different sizes to even out my breasts? They were not symmetrical to begin with but before it wasn't noticeable since they were small.Is the original doctor suppose to fix the problem?or do I have to pay the full surgery again?:(

It difficult to see the asymmetries

but I believe one breast is a little smaller... is that right?  If so, its easiest to remedy with fat grafting if you are accepting of the risk of that procedure.  On first glance, I do not appreciate any major differences.  Its suggested you see your surgeon to see if he/she has any easy fixes for what you are trying to accomplish.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

Hi Anellie,

Thanks for your question and photo. Based on your photo, asymmetries existed before. Implants do not usually fix asymmetries with breast unless the difference is just volume. It seems that you needed a lift to make your breast move even, but that means more scars and costs. I  am not sure that just changing implants sizes would fix your issues. I would recommend an in person exam with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
#breastrevision #docmata

Asymmetrical Breasts

Your nipple position is most noticeably asymmetric. Using different sized implants would not have helped that. Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in revision breast surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Asymmetry

I suspect if you examine your preop photos you will find your current look is a direct reflection of your preop appearance. The implants look oversized for your chest and from your nipple position I think a lift was indicated. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

One year since my breasts augmentation and my breasts are asymmetrical, what can I do?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your photograph, you have breast ptosis and breast lifting will likely be necessary to improve your breast symmetry. You will need to carefully consider the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with additional surgery before making decisions.  Generally speaking, revisionary breast surgery tends to be more expensive than first time breast augmentation surgery. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast concerns helpful to you. Best wishes.

Asymmetry

Correcting asymmetry is usually not possible with just implants, and sometimes should be left alone. Often one fold is higher, and/or one nipple higher or lower than the other. Specific procedures other than breast augmentation are often needed.
I would not recommend doing anything, but if you do, it will not be an implant revision, but rather something else, and yes you will be expected to pay for it.
Good luck

Asymmetry

Hi and thank you for the question.  Breast asymmetry is more common than not.  Many women have one breast that may be slight higher or bigger than the other.  Just like most people have slight difference in size of their hands or the shape of their eyes. 

In the case of breast implants,  sometimes the difference in shape or nipple position can become exaggerated after implants. 

You should communicate your concerns with your ps.  We are not perfect and sometimes surgery needs to be adjusted. 

Your photo shows a degree of ptosis or sagging.  A breast lift may be something you should consider as well. 

As always,  if it's best to be healthy,  no smoking,  and to make sure any health concerns are managed by your primary care physician. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon