Do I have tuberous breasts? (photos)

I am just hearing about tuberous breasts and was wondering if mine would be considered as such. Since they formed (at 12 years old) they have been severely droopy and have caused me a lot of anxiety and uncomfortability.

Droopy breasts

Hi there Miss Bliss, thanks for the question.  You do not have the appearance of tuberous breasts; however you do have large breasts with ptosis, or sagging.  A breast reduction would reduce some of the heaviness in your breasts and may make you more comfortable.  If you like the larger size of your breasts, then a breast lift could be done to improve the shape.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to get all of your questions answered.  Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Tuberous Breasts

Hi and thanks for posting your question and photos!
Based on the photos you posted, you do not have classic findings of tuberous breasts. Breast shape and size is highly variable. Plastic surgeons assess patients breasts based on standard measurements, nipple position in reference to the notch at the base of your neck and the fold beneath your breasts. 
I would recommend having a consultation with a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and goals. Your time with a plastic surgeon should be educational and help you get an idea of what sort of procedures may help you achieve your individual goals.
Best wishes!

Rachel Streu, MD

Tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do not have tuberous breasts.  They are large and have ptosis (sagging), but no real characteristics that would be considered "tuberous breasts".  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

You have big droopy breasts

and there may be some tuberous characteristics but it doesn't impact anything at this time.  You could benefit from a reduction and if you wanted upper pole fullness and to be the same size, then a reduction with implants.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I have tuberous breast?

Although, you do have some characteristics of tubeous breast with a somewhat narrower breast base and larger/looser areolas,   most plastic surgeons would not consider your breasts to be truly tuberous.  The main problem appears to be sagging (ptosis) and their larger size (macromastia).  A breast lift with a possible reduction should resolve the issues you are concerned about.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Ptotic More Than Tuberous

Hello,Your breasts are ptotic, not tuberous. You would benefit from a reduction and lift. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in cosmetic breast surgery in your area. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Sagging breast appearance can be addressed with #breastlift surgery

You appear to have sagging and heavy breast anatomy. A breast lift with reduction would be a reasonable approach to create an improved look for you. You do not have tuberous breast anatomy.

Skin laxity

You have severe skin looseness or grade 3 ptosis that requires a full mastopexy or breast lift. No evidence of tubular breast deformity

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you do not appear to have characteristics of tuberous breasts.  Your photos show breast ptosis/hypertrophy.  You would benefit from a breast reduction and lift.  This would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts?

No, these are not tuberous breasts which are usually small and constricted at the base. Your breasts are large and pendulous with large areolas, all correctable with a well done lift. See an experienced surgeon and you'll be surprised at what an attractive shape can be obtained. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD