Do I need a TT or liposuction? (Photo)

I have 1 child who's almost 16, minimal stretch marks on abdomen. I had an abdominal hysterically 10 years ago causing my skin/tissue to hang over the incision. I'm scheduled for a BBL July 8th. Judging from my photos, would I need a full TT or mini TT? Or is it possible liposuction (to occur on July 8th) will flatten my lower abdominal area?

Liposuction has limits...

Thank you for your question.  From your pictures, I would recommend a full tummy tuck.  You do have excess skin on your stomach that liposuction alone will not address.  

Many different things can cause this laxity of skin-- pregnancy, weight loss, and age-- and unfortunately there is no way to remove excess skin through diet or exercise alone.  Think of the skin as a rubber band-- when it has the ability to stretch much larger than its original size, but once it has been stretched to a certain degree, it will not go back to its original shape or size.  The skin, and muscles in the abdominal wall, are the same way. Since liposuction solely removes excess fat, it is likely that it will result in more excess skin, which will keep you from achieving the flat lower abdomen you are describing. 

During a tummy tuck, I tighten the abdominal wall so that any muscle laxity is removed, perform liposuction to remove excess fat around the circumferential truck, and remove any excess skin.  The combination of these three elements is crucial the achieving a flat lower belly.  

Tummy tuck and BBL

Hello, thanks for sending your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that for better results, a tummy tuck with lipo and a BBL would be the best option. In the Tummy tuck procedure your abdominal muscle wall will be repaired and the extra skin will be resected. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a TT or liposuction?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pregnancy history, photographs, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you a mini tuck operation. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck - lipoabdominalplasty - liposuction - brazilian butt lift

Thank you for posting your question. Liposuction alone will not correct the shape and the skin excess of your abdomen. Very common the abdominal wall is also somewhat weaker in the midline due to pregnancies. In order to achieve a beautiful, flat abdomen consider a full tummy tuck /abdominoplasty, combined with liposuction, and a fascial plication (often called " narrowing the muscles).  The liposuctioned fat from the abdomen can be processed and transferred to your buttocks, ie brazilian butt lift. If your surgeon contours also the flanks and designs your abdominalplasty appropriately, often a very nice waist line and shape can be contoured. This combined with the BBL will also give you a nice, attractive curvature of the lower spine from a side view. I hope this helped !

Best wishes

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From this pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a TT or liposuction?

Based on your photos- it appears that you would benefit from a full abdominoplasty in order to remove the excess skin and fat, tighten your muscles. I do not believe you are a candidate for lipo alone

Do I need a TT or liposuction? (Photo)

It is unlikely that the liposuction for your BBL will sufficiently correct your abdominal shape. It is likely to leave you with additional loose skin that will hang further over your hysterectomy scar. Without examining you its difficult to give specific advice, but you would probably benefit from a full TT in 6 months to a year from your BBL. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. I would not perform a mini tummy tuck on you. The skin excision and muscle tightening would give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

Thanks for sharing your photos. The volume of tissue as well as your abdominal girth suggest that liposuction alone would be inadequate to achieve substantial improvement. The recommended procedure would be a full tummy tuck rather than a mini or modified procedure. If possible it would also be beneficial to reduce some of the abdominal volume by weight loss prior to surgery. This could substantially improve the outcome. 
I hope this is helpful and hope you are happy with the results of your BBL.

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with abdominoplasty

It appears to me that you need hip and upper abdominal liposuction with a tummy tuck (abdominalplasty).

Fred Suess, MD