How much time off do I need from work if I get Smart Lipo on my flanks and full abs?

I'm currently working at an office Infront of a computer from 9-5.

Smart Lipo recovery

Most patients with a desk job are able to comfortably go back to work in 2-3 days. So often patients will schedule on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday and return to work on Monday without any problem. This is truly one of the big advantages of Smart Lipo vs traditional liposuction.

Overland Park Family Physician

Post Smart Lipo

Thank you for posting your question. I recommend taking one or two days off just so your body can rest after the procedure, but it really depends on individual comfort and fitness. If you choose to go back to work, remember to wear your garment and follow all the post-smart lipo instructions given by your physician. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery After SmartLipo- How Long Off From Work?

Most people take a few days to themselves to recover from SmartLipo because of the stiffness and tenderness they experience. It is compared to an intense workout where some mild pain relievers may be needed for a day or two. If your position is fairly low impact like a desk job then a weekend off is reasonable assuming getting to work is not too strenuous. Activities can be advanced according to your comfort. Gradually returning to exercise can resume after about a week. Compression garments are recommended to be worn for 4-6 weeks so this may have some influence on work and exercise. Your board-certified plastic surgeon can advise you better knowing what areas are being treated. 

Scott A. Brenman, M.D.,F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- CANDIDATE?

I would suggest speaking to your physician. I find that ultrasound is much better than laser for contouring, shaping and tightening, plus you can use the fat to shape other areas.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I let my patients return to work the next day

i have done over 623 Smartlipo cases in the office. i let all my patients return to work the next day. you will definitely feel a bit beaten up but over 90% will return to work the next day. of course, there is nothing wrong if you want to take a few extra days or do the surgery on a friday and return to work on the monday.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after smartlipo

Thanks for your question. It depends upon your tolerance for discomfort. It would be possible to go back the next day to a non-strenuous job. You will be sore and will likely be tired. You will be wearing compressive garments as well which may hinder your work too. It would be best if you had a couple of days off. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

48 hours is sufficient time to return to work after smart lipo or any other tumescent lipo technique

You can confidently return to a desk job 2 days after lipo. Expect to be sore and wear your compression garment, but there is no problem returning to a desk job if your work was expertly conducted.

Return to Work

Hello! Thanks for your question. 

Most patients, especially in the case of SmartLipo, are able to return to work in 2-3 days with simplicity. In fact, SmartLipo is oftentimes preferred over traditional Liposuction techniques due to the patients ability to return to work quickly and with little to no consequences. Please keep in mind, however, that you will suffer from swelling for 2-8 weeks after the procedure, and will need to wear a compression garment during that time as well. 

As always, consult with your physician for more information.

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Smart Lipo

If you are just sitting at a desk job this is fairly sendentary, you should be fine to return back to work within 3-5 days as long as you are off your pain relievers. I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon seeing as they will know how you are progressing during your post op recovery and will be able to accurately clear you to return to work. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo on abdomen and Flank area!

Smartlipo is a minimally invasive procedure, it requires a very short amount of downtime. I would give yourself a good nice long weekend and drink lots of fluid and rest and you should be fine to return back to work on a monday! Smartlipo is performed most of the time under local anesthesia which takes a big part of the recovery down. I hope this helps you on your journey!:) 

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician