Are there any qualified doctors in California who perform this type of procedure?And around how much would it cost?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 7
Restylane and Juvederm Voluma versus Radiesse for nonsurgical rhinoplasty
Restylane® Is Better Than RADIESSE® for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
This is a great question. RADIESSE has properties that perform the best for some areas. For example, the stiffness and thick consistency make it the best for chin augmentation, high cheek bone filling, and (occasionally) nasal dorsal augmentation. However, Restylane is better for the nose in general for several reasons:
1. The products last the same amount of time in the nose. As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon in San Francisco, I have seen patients whose nasal results extend to 9-12 months with Restylane. Some of this is due to collagen stimulation caused by both fillers.
2. Restylane is reversible. You never know when you may want to reverse the product, and it's invaluable to be able to do this.
3. Restylane can be used along the dorsum and in the nasal tip.
4. RADIESSE causes a lot of swelling immediately after injection, making it more difficult to be precise.
That being said, there are times when I will use RADIESSE for the bridge. It can be helpful in building a very low bridge when Restylane doesn't have enough oomph, and if there is a patient that really wants RADIESSE, we can use it.
I invite you to click the link before if you have any additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation at either of my offices in Northern California.
You might also like...
Non Surgical Rhinoplasty with Radiesse Filler
Radiesse for a non surgical rhinoplasty
- We prefer to use Restylane or Perlane because when it goes away, it does not leave a trace
- If you were ever to decide to get a surgical rhinoplasty, Radiesse particles can be left behind and make the tissues more sticky and difficult to dissect (causing more issues for you too)
- In addition, if you wanted fine tip work or any in a sensitive area, there is a small risk of blocking up a blood vessel
- With Restylane/Perlane, you can dissolve it right away to avoid serious complications, Radiesse is not as easily dissolvable
- They will also last about a year the first time around
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.