Smart Lipo Triplex on Inner Thighs and Inner Knees, am I good candidate? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 53 year old female 5'5 and I weigh 196.5 lbs. I have thick thighs by nature and my body shape is Pear. I workout 5-6 days a week from running to HIIT to dance. I am 11 pounds away from my ideal weight. I am thinking on getting inner thigh Smart Lipo Triplex. Will this make my thighs smaller?

Smartlipo inner thighs.

It is best to get to your ideal weight before getting smartlipo.  The inner thigh fat is notorious for being very loose and hard to get perfect.  Smartlipo of your inner thighs can help improve your thigh shape and contour but nobody can guarantee your thighs will not still touch.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Smart Lipo of thighs/knees

At 5'5" when you get below 180#, you move out of the obesity range into overweight. I am more particular about BMI's when doing Smart Lipo on the abdomen because of visceral fat. Inner thighs and knees are excellent areas to do Smart Lipo with significant reduction and some skin tightening. The procedure will always be better if you lose those extra pounds. See a physician specializing in Smart Lipo for examination and look at before and after photos to gauge your expectations.

Gregory Chambon, MD
Overland Park Family Physician

I don't think you are realistic

smartlipo can be helpful to you. however, i really question your idea that at 5.5 and 196 lbs that you are only off your ideal weight by 11 lbs!!!!i think for that height most drs would suggest being closer to 140 lbs. However, if you feel that this is the ideal weight for you, then that is a different matter and it is your own personal decision.remember, Smartlipo is a way to reduce fat but it is not a way to lose weight per se. you should see a board certified PS in person and he/she can examine you and your skin tone and guide you more accurately. best wishesdavid berman 

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo Triplex on Inner Thighs and Inner Knees

Thank you for your question and for the photo.  As it sounds like you're aware, Smart-Lipo Triplex is best for those who basically in good shape, close to their ideal weight, but have areas of stubborn fat that resist diet and exercise.  The thighs and inner knees are areas that can be treated successfully with Smart-Lipo Triplex.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with liposuction and body contouring for a full evaluation to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.   Best of luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question and photo. SmartLipo may help you reach your goal. SmartLipo can remove mild to moderate excess skin without the need for more involved procedures. It  removes excess fat and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. By first removing fat and then encouraging the body to produce the proteins responsible for skin elasticity, SmartLipo is often very effective at firming the skin and enhancing the contours of the treated area. Results will be dependent on your unique physiology, and SmartLipo may not be right for everyone. During your initial SmartLipo consultation, your doctor should we assess your body type and help you determine if this is the best treatment option for you. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smartlipo to inner knees and inner thighs

Hello,Thank you for your picture and questions!  I think you are a good candidate, but it is important to have this verified by your surgeon.  Consider having your lateral thighs SmartLipo'd as well.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo, VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

Smart Lipo and/or VASER Hi Definition Liposuction/body sculpting could reshape your thighs and knees. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Yes, this could be a good option.  You need an in person consultation first to go over expectations, results, and risks vs benefits.However SmartLipo does very well on the inner thighs and knees.  I have had several pts who feel and look better after the procedure.  Their legs do not rub as before, clothes fit better, etc.  Some risk of loose skin, but htis is with any lipo procedure.  The laser can help tighten some, but a lot depends on the amount and quality of the skin present.Good luck to you,Dr. Powell

Scott Powell, MD
Denton General Surgeon